• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Memorial Day walk

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Kids and grandkids visiting for weekend i woke everyone this morning and took them for a ride and walk. There are so many monuments did not photo them all but here are a few at local Veterans Memorial park on base. We walked and I encouraged daughters to always make sure the grandkids learn the meaning of these holidays.20170527_082232.jpg 20170527_081601.jpg

We attended a service at the local American Legion Park. It was very somber as it should be. The local high school band provided some patriotic music and my son played a taps solo during the placing of a wreath at the end. I was happy to see the size of the turnout even in a misting light rain.

I was privileged to again accompany Vets from my local VFW and visit three cemeteries in my area to plant American Flags on the graves of Veterans who gave all in sacrifice to our country...

I didn't get out to the cemetery this year. But I took dad's old medals and ribbons and Air Force brass and went to see my mom.

Some of these things she hadn't seen in quite a while. She will be 87 in a couple weeks and my dad has been gone for 14 yrs now.

Mom was a family services volunteer for 20 years. She's cried when she saw her old pins and medals.

Back