• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590A1 Mariner On Its Way

WingDings

Copper BB
...hoping to get some feedback from those familiar with it.

Any advice with regard to upgrades, maintenance or functionality?

Appreciate the help.

Depending on it's intended use...

Upgrades would include a Tactical Light...

I use this setup on my 590a1...Mount & Flashlight.

https://www.elzetta.com/product/zsm/

{ Made in the USA }

The Marine Coat is durable...a light coating of CLP will help protect the internals...

Does it have Ghost Ring Sights...? ( I really like them on mine... )

There are also Red Dots / Center Mass aiming devices available.

Depending on it's intended use...

Upgrades would include a Tactical Light...

I use this setup on my 590a1...Mount & Flashlight.

https://www.elzetta.com/product/zsm/

{ Made in the USA }

The Marine Coat is durable...a light coating of CLP will help protect the internals...

Do it have Ghost Ring Sights...?

There are also Red Dots / Center Mass aiming devices available.

Thanks, Shooter.

Had that same Elzetta on my 930 SPX a few years back. Solid mount, no doubt.

No ghost ring sights (front bead only), which will take some getting used to. Are there any aftermarket g.r. sights for the 590a1 you'd recommend?

How about followers? Springs? The factory stuff on the 590a1 last?

Not sure about after market Ghost Rings...

Had my 590a1 since 2014...and I use her hard...not a hiccup.

Built for Military Use...still in service

Runs like a Raped Ape...

Not sure about after market Ghost Rings...

Had my 590a1 since 2014...and I use her hard...not a hiccup.

Built for Military Use...still in service

Runs like a Raped Ape...

Should re-phrase...OEM or after market.

These should work on a 590a1, eh?
RRMS95300_530x.jpg

https://www.twotesticlestactical.com/products/msbrg-ghost-ring-sight-kit-500-590?variant=34280786706

Wonder what the installation is like. :read:

Two Testicle Tactical...that's hilarious !!

===========================

Honestly...I would call Mossberg
to be sure:

============================

U.S. Customer Service (within all 50 states)

service@mossberg.com
(800) 363-3555

Shipping Address:
Mossberg Product Service Center
Eagle Pass Industrial Park
1001 Industrial Blvd.
Eagle Pass, TX 78852

Corporate Headquarters
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.
7 Grasso Avenue
North Haven, CT 06473
Tel: (203) 230-5300 | 8:00am-4:30pm Eastern
Fax: (203) 230-5420

Yep, that is funny as heck. :)

My advice is to not try and mount a GRS on the barrel. It rarely goes well and is quite difficult. I would rather buy another barrel.

OP. The 590A1 is a great shot gun out of the box. Bling is application dependent or just personal preference. image.jpeg

On my 590A1 Blackwater I have XS GRS from the factory a Promag safety and a good sling. There is a rail on the hand guard to take a flashlight but it's not a permanent addition.

Good Luck and post some pics!!

OP. The 590A1 is a great shot gun out of the box. Bling is application dependent or just personal preference. View attachment 15385

On my 590A1 Blackwater I have XS GRS from the factory a Promag safety and a good sling. There is a rail on the hand guard to take a flashlight but it's not a permanent addition.

Good Luck and post some pics!!

Here she is (in a stock photo from Grabagun lol). Still have a few weeks before I can take possession.

Mossberg-590A1-Mariner-50777-015813507776.jpg.jpg

I'm used to ghost ring sights, so I'm just worried about the single front bead. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but change is scary. Haha.

Sights and a flash would be nice, but most important thing for me is a stainless steel follower and replacing any MIM parts. If you guys have any recommendations, I'm all ears. :oldman:

Thanks, Shooter.

Had that same Elzetta on my 930 SPX a few years back. Solid mount, no doubt.

No ghost ring sights (front bead only), which will take some getting used to. Are there any aftermarket g.r. sights for the 590a1 you'd recommend?

How about followers? Springs? The factory stuff on the 590a1 last?
WingDings,

Spitfire Armory makes the MX Tactical Front and Rear ghost ring sight set. You can find them at Amazon. It looks like a functional setup, but they are quite fond of them at about $200 for the set.

Wingdings,
The bead sight is fine once you get used to it. I actually prefer it to the GRS. I have 2 other Mossbergs with a simple front bead sight.

Last edited:
I've heard plenty of people say they prefer the bead sight for fast target acquisition and transitions but others that take semi longer shots with slugs seem to like the GRS a lot. It's all preference and you'll know what you like more after you play with it I'm sure. I personally opted for the XS big dot sight that epoxies over the bead sight. The tritium vial glows decently well in low light and dark. The big white dot is easy to pick up in daylight.

Going to a sporting clay event tomorrow with my Mossberg Black Onyx OU. Happy Father's Day to all!

Nothing but a bead sight to chase all the rabbits and birds! Life is good!

Back