• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shell Holder 930SPX

usmc1963

Do you have a side saddle shell holder on you 930SPX and has it effected the functioning of your shotgun?

Sorry Marine...

Never mounted the side saddle on my M590a1...in fact, gave it away to a range buddy...found it wasn't for me because

I did shoot a friends shotgun that did have one mounted and found it not to my liking.

Not much help...but I didn't want your question to go unanswered...to me, it's just a matter of preference.

Thank You for your service to our Great Country...

Semper Fidelis Brother...

Instead of a side saddle, I have a 6-round buttstock sleeve on my SPX. The extra weight on the stock gives the shotgun a better balance, making it faster handling, at least to me.

Side saddle related functioning issues on the 930 are typically caused by the type that replace the trigger group pins with a bolt and nut. Tightening the bolt and nut will remove the necessary play between the trigger group and side saddle. If this play is taken out, the receiver is pinched together and binds on the bolt slide (bolt carrier). This will turn the gun into a single-shot faster than about any other part you can add to the 930.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

In the same vein, what's the best cheek rise/shell carrier available for the stock? I've only done a little searching so forgive me but not a lot coming up. There has to be a good stock sleeve or something that puts a rise on the comb and carries some shells too. Educate me, please!

I have had sidesaddles on most of my defense shotguns and have had no trouble with binding, but I am careful when installing them and ensure reliability before using the shotgun for it's intended purpose. I have the polymer Mesa Tactical saddle on my 930 SPX and have had good luck with it so far. I have also used the Tac Star saddles with good results.

Back