• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

had to call mossberg

mark5019

for my 590a1 as inserting rounds into mag tube was hanging up.
there sending me new spring and follower, hope thats a fix as i hate to have to send it in

Dent, ding, bend in the tube?

Dropped?

Fall over out of the closet and smack the dresser?

I hope it fixes it for you. Be careful when taking off the mag cap that the detent and spring dosen't pop out on you. (some are loose from the factory)

Keep us posted.

detent 4 590.jpg

When I bought it barrel was off had to take cap off .
If it's not the spring, will have to send it to Mossberg

Hanging up in what way? Probably a stupid question, but was it "jamming" after you loaded two into the mag tube?

Inserting round in tube when it got to the brass part had to push real hard then it resisted the went in.
Going to install new spring if not better send into Mossberg

Inserting round in tube when it got to the brass part had to push real hard then it resisted the went in.
Going to install new spring if not better send into Mossberg

You haven't mentioned if you tried a different brand ammo????(possible bad batch)????

I cleaned the tube and did not make any difference. I tried three different shells , no difference. Then I compared the cartridge stop with my full sized 590 and the cartridge stop sticks out a lot more on the shockwave than the full sized one. Should I call Mossberg and ask them to send me a new cartridge stop?

Jeff you need to explain what your problem is with your gun you are having.

Mark5019's problem had nothing to do with the cartridge stop.

Back