• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FINALLY FINISHED: Crafting wood furniture for a Mossberg 590 Shockwave

I would plug the hole, if it was mine. Is it needed? Probably not, but, for me, the plug would stop any gas from escaping under the rail.

Excellent point, especially if the heat shield is immediately above the hole. It'll foul up the underside of the heat shield and be difficult to clean. A little dab of JBWeld should plug it nicely and will maintain its integrity up to 600 degrees F, if I recall correctly.

$4 for a pack of (10) #5-40 1/8" long black steel plug screws on ebay solves this issue.

If anybody else wants one, just PM me your address and I'll send them out for free when they arrive

I'm pleased to say I reached a satisfactory point with the action cycling.

I tried switching out one part at a time and determined it was partially the bolt and partially the ejector.

So I changed out the guts of the bolt with the new guts, as I noticed the bolt slide interacted slightly different with the newer bolt lock, so I swapped it all over. T was better but not perfect.

Then I did a little fitting with a file on the front face of the ejector to give it a more equal angle. I greased it and put it all together. Cycled great. It's still alittle stiffer than the factory setup, but it did not stick one bit. I'm happy.

I've never done this, but, I'm wondering if Flitz Polish or similar, applied in strategic places, and cycled many times would smooth out the action any.

It took a minute before I noticed the Shockwave. The background caught my attention first.
Capone would be pleased with your Shockwave. The wood grip with the leather wrap looks great. Is that the real wood grip or the vinyl wrap?
And is that the pearl bead sight?
Youz do goot work.:ganster:

She's beautiful Doc. It's almost a shame to get her all smudged up with gunpowder residue.
Do you have more work to do or are you finished? Are you still whittlin' on the birch tree?

Vinyl wrap looks pretty good. Did you use some heat to get it to contour better when applying? Vinyl wrapping is all the rage with car guys and I was actually watching a youtube tutorial of a guy working on some vinyl tint film he was applying to tail lights. It was incredible watching the technique. It is obviously not rocket surgery but watching a person being extremely meticulous and careful while executing his work is just inspiring to see sometimes. Which also brings me back to checking for updates on your shockwave as well. I'm liking the care and execution you are putting in to your work, keep it up.

Back