• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick Over-Under

This may be the wrong place to post this, so please move/delete if need be. I was wondering if anyone here was using a Maverick o/u, what they thought of it's performance, and where they are made. I would guess Turkey. . . .they are priced amazingly low.

Dang, sorry I cant help. I dont know anything about these though...

They are made in Turkey from what I have seen but I have not had the chance to shoot one yet. I am highly contemplating buying one myself.

They are made in Turkey and are very high quality for the money. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and it is awesome. I put 6 KO slugs into one ragged hole from 35 yards standing not from a bench. This shows the barrels are very well regulated. It handles like a dream. Great sights and patterned very well. I was shooting OO buck, #4's, #5's and some 6 shot that I had. I just wish it had a sling option.

I just bought one this weekend and can't wait to get out of "California Timeout", as I am looking forward to getting into skeet.

Can anyone tell me if there is a vented barrel that will fit this gun?

Thanks in advance.

What do you mean as far as a barrel? Like a replacement?

Sparkymark5114 said:
I just bought one this weekend and can't wait to get out of "California Timeout", as I am looking forward to getting into skeet.

Can anyone tell me if there is a vented barrel that will fit this gun?

Thanks in advance.

Any Gunsmith can drill the holes for you if you really want it.
I have guns with them and without them, I CANNOT tell the difference.
I have shot Trap on the the line next to folks with vented barrels on more occasions than I care to remember.....NOT FUN getting blasted in the face with hot gasses!!

Thanks for the replies, last thing I would want to do entering into this sport is to hot gas others.

I have seen the same gun with a vented barrel and I like the look, but thought there was a benefit to having that type of barrel, as you see them on more expensive guns.

Sparkymark5114 said:
Thanks for the replies, last thing I would want to do entering into this sport is to hot gas others.

I have seen the same gun with a vented barrel and I like the look, but thought there was a benefit to having that type of barrel, as you see them on more expensive guns.

the benefit of a vented rib barrel is it dissipates the heat faster. also some people like the rib for easier sighting.

OK, copy that. I'll keep checking on if there is one comparable with the Maverick O/U. Two days and count and it will be in my hot little hands. Looking forward to taking it out!

I just saw one last night at Big 5 in the East Bay. Not bad looking at all, except the vent rib would make it look much better. Action was quite tight- even has an indent under the receiver for the spacer piece to mate to. Price was $499. If I had seen this before opting for a Win. SXP I would have strongly thought about it. In my case, I tend to shoot better with S x S doubles or single barrel guns for bird hunting.
P.S. I highly doubt someone would be well advised to use this slug hunting, but then again, if it is all you had...I just would not be taking shots past 25 yds. with this set up. The report on buck shot sounds good, but then again, that is still shot. Just my 2c...

Back