• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Foregrip sticks on barrel in rear position

Jsteves45

Copper BB
Just bought a new slug barrel for my 600 and the foregrip sticks to the barrel when in the rear position. Other than that it cycles and operates fine when I have the shot barrel attached. Any tips on how to smooth it out?

Is the handguard itself rubbing or dragging, or is the action slide assembly rubbing?

Sounds like you may just need to file down the edge on the part that is rubbing on the barrel a little, but maybe I am misunderstanding.

It's a common prob between guns/barrels that are a few years apart. Sometimes it's so pronounced, it's a serrated grinding sort of sound when the action bar collar hits that rough part of the barrel flat. The action tube is the cheapest....general gunsmithing rule #1 is always modify the cheapest part. If it goes wrong, it's cheaper to replace. The flat on the barrel can be stoned down smooth, too, if necessary. It's not going to affect anything except the bluing on both parts and a bottle of cold bluing will fix that. Stone both if you want. It's like a paper's thickness.

It's the action bar collar, John, rubbing on the barrel flat. It's exactly what you're thinking.

Back