• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newbie question about 930

I am familiar with mossberg pump shotguns and own 1 myself but i am complete foreign to these 930 autoloaders. My question is if I purchased a 930 5 shot field combo with both 28 inch and 18 inch barrel can I just add an extension tube for high capacity?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I was just concerned it was going to be a situation like the Mossberg 500 not being able to accept an extension while the 590s allow it. Good to know that all 930s are magazine extension compatible.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

There will be a spring retainer that needs carefully removed, but an extension tube and longer magazine spring are all it takes to increase the capacity on a 930. The Choate tubes can be more finicky at the transition (between tube and extension) than those from Nordic Components. The factory follower doesn't always transition smoothly either, especially if you aren't careful removing the ratcheting spring retainer from the factory magazine tube and damage it. Aside from those cautions it is a pretty simple process.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Back