• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stopping violent crime the new left coast plan.

Yeah there's an idea that's going to take off huh? I think they based this on the Obamacare model, where they steal money from the taxpayers in order to pay people not to steal money from the taxpayers.

I just had to go poke around on Sacramento website. Now theres a town who cares about its people, they are apparently not smart people but they gotta live somewhere. Apparently Sacramentoens ? Dont know about not stepping in front of cars :
Wait for the Walk – Sacramento Police Aim to Educate Pedestrians
Sacramento Police Department will be conducting a Pedestrian Safety Operation named “Wait for the WALK”.

Sacramento police officers, Sacramento Police Volunteers and Sacramento regional Law Enforcement Chaplains, will be on foot in the area of 10th Street and 12th Street between K Street and L Street to educate the public on pedestrian safety. The team will be handing out safety fliers and educating the public on pedestrian laws and hazards.

The purpose of the Pedestrian Safety Operation "Wait for the WALK" is to educate, reinforce good safety routines and answer any questions from the public. This is being done in an effort to lessen the possibility of pedestrian related vehicle collisions. September has been declared Pedestrian Safety month in California.

Out of the 14 largest cities in California, Sacramento currently ranks 7th in total fatal and injury collisions. (Information gathered from Office of Traffic Safety. http://www.ots.ca.gov/ ). This year alone, 11 pedestrians have died in collisions with vehicles on our city streets.

Midtown and downtown have the highest concentration of pedestrian traffic in all of Sacramento. Officers will be concentrating on these high pedestrian volume locations during the educational period. An additional event will be conducted in the evening hours on September 23rd.

Pedestrian related collisions can be avoided. Let’s stack the odds in our favor and remember to use the sidewalks, cross at crosswalks, and wait for the “walk” signal.

I promise not to go to Chicago if you give me $50,000.

I might be willing to negotiate a little on price.

"Out of the 14 largest cities in California, Sacramento currently ranks 7th in total fatal and injury collisions. (Information gathered from Office of Traffic Safety. http://www.ots.ca.gov/ ). This year alone, 11 pedestrians have died in collisions with vehicles on our city streets."

I have novel idea for you.

Get your nose out of your cellphone and pay attention to what you're doing.

People need to stay out of trouble because they feel it is the right thing to do. Bribing them to be good is a rather contradictory message and will result in empty pocked on one end and people still up to no good on the other.

You really cannot pay people to be good, but life should reward them for it, after the fact. In order for this to happen, (and in no way is it guaranteed to happen) you have to have a less predatory Society but at the same time one which runs on good-natured competition. Without honest competition we will turn moribund.

Our real problem is that the government simply can't be everything to everyone because somebody has to pay, and no one's going to want to pay for everyone else. To make the system work our government hides things from us and lies about things. We never really know who's paying how much and who's getting what and the establishment in DC wants to keep it that way. Their job is easier if we stay confused.

Our problem with crime is that it's so freaking expensive to catch, prosecute, convict, and house a criminal in California. This is partly because EVERYTHING is too expensive here. This is because there is too much demand, and too much competition, and this evolves into hard-hearted and illegal competition.

Under our criminal-friendly legal system, designed by the criminals who run the legal system, we can't afford to keep them all in jail. And if we ever jailed all the illegal aliens here, our prison population would go from 2.3 million to about 30 million by my guess, and to at least 13 million according to figures for illegal aliens quoted by liberal sources.

We don't want to house and feed those people! What we want is for 30 million of them to pay a fine, and then decide to either go home or do what is required to become a legal American citizen, within the boundaries of what our laws will allow.

Perhaps what we need to do is pay Haiti or Guatemala or some godforsaken malaria ridden hellhole (with cheap labor,) to house our current overpopulation of fine felons in a prison there. What we can't afford to do is keep felons in prison in a state with the highest living costs in the nation. If we can't send them to Guatemala, maybe we can send them to somewhere that needs more jobs for prison guards, and prison construction workers.

I think if another state could incarcerate California's criminals for half the cost, that we could pay them a premium to do that for us, and they would still come out ahead and so would we.

Back