• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot Vortex 6.5 Creedmoor Group

Caleb

Copper BB
Hey my name is Caleb, I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to post the groups I'm getting out of the box with my rifle. Also I am curios of modifications people are doing to their rifles. I am interesed in doing a nice walnut Boyd's stock, so if anyone has any expernice with their gun it would be great to hear. I'm going to run this scope for one hunting season, but i want to upgrade to something with more magnification. However this is a pretty decent 3x9, I would like to stick with vortex so if anyone has any recomendations let me know.
This group has one flyer but i pulled the shot, I shot this in the prone postion, of a medical bag I had in my trunk so i dont think its to bad. I'm shooting the Hornaday Percsion
Hunters 143gr ELD-X. 3/4 inch at 100yrds. IMG_0619.JPGIMG_0620.JPG IMG_0617.JPG

That is a really nice group. Now I want to set up to load this caliber.

I am just shooting targets for fun myself but the one time I picked up an AR in 6.5 Creedmoor I was really impressed with it.

Nice shooting Caleb!

What's the little guy off to the left from?

Love to see some 5 & 10 shot groups as well.

Well I gotta a little jumpy on the trigger and pulled one. I'm shooting some steel this weekend and see if I can hit out to 500yrds. I might do a 5 shot group on paper that day to.

Well I gotta a little jumpy on the trigger and pulled one. I'm shooting some steel this weekend and see if I can hit out to 500yrds. I might do a 5 shot group on paper that day to.

Awesome look forward to a report.

I'd love a 6.5 creedmoor but I don't have the ability to shoot past 200-300 yards where I'm at. Definitely a rifle chambered in this is on the list.

Yeah I'm in a rural part of NC, we could probably shoot out to 1500 yards in just not capable and don't have enough optic lol.

Excellence. I too would like a 6.5 one day if ever I "need" another rifle. I too would need a lot more optic but realistically I don't know I'd ever shoot to the distance the caliber is capable of doing.

Well guys I didn't punch any paper yesterday. But I did shoot out to 400 yards in 100 yard increments. I think that Hornady 143gr ELD-X is shooting pretty flat out of this 22in gun. At 200 yards I had about 2MOA of come up and was ringing a 8in plate no problem, at 300 yards it took me about 3 shoots to get on I ended up having about 4MOA of come up, and at 400 yards is where I kinda wish i had some more scope at least for me eyes but I was still able to hit the plate with about 7.5MOA of come up. I was lucky we only had about a 0-3mph wind all day. I really wish they made this gun in a 26-28in barrel with a high quality stock, maybe next weekend I'll shoot some paper and try 500 yards the reason we stoped at 400 I broke a lock nut holding my plate to the chain and we couldn't fix it.

Update, I don’t have pictures but I put about a 10in group at 800 yards. I am still shooting the 143gr eld-x Hornadys. I am getting 2650fps out of the gun. Also I am getting a ton of copper fouling dunno what that is about.

Back