• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Joy of Cleaning All This Freedom

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
23959829898_cdbfd5198b_z.jpg

Got a small lull in my work so I got home at 530pm last night, wife ran out to get away from our 2yr old beast lol

Put that monkey to bed at 7pm and decided to clean the rifles I've been shooting over the spring and summer months.

2 1/2 hours later... I ended my man session with a bowl of strawberry ice cream topped with bananas and some chocolate syrup.

'Merica.

From left to right:

.308 Garand built in honor of my Grandfather who served in WWII
30-06 Garand built in honor of my Father In Law who served in the Korean War
.308 Mini Garand built by Tim Shufflin by Shuff's Parkerizing (16" Garand)
5.56 NATO AR Build in NY Compliance mode
Mossberg MVP Predator in 5.56 NATO on the table

Monkey it's obvious that you take great pride in this, and that's just a fabulous looking display.

I don't own any antique military-type weapons but I've seen a few that I would really like to own. One was the Swedish 6.5 Mauser I shot with a genuine solid brass WW2 Nazi sniper scope on top of it. That was one accurate old gun.

That was a $6,000+ gun with the scope. That's a bit Out of My League.

I give my guns a cleaning every time I shoot them, but I don't always give them a super thorough cleaning. Much depends on how many rounds were shot through the gun recently.

I need to take about a week and go through everything, take stock make notes of everything I want to do, re-document it all, & do some deep cleaning.

Monkey it's obvious that you take great pride in this, and that's just a fabulous looking display.

I don't own any antique military-type weapons but I've seen a few that I would really like to own. One was the Swedish 6.5 Mauser I shot with a genuine solid brass WW2 Nazi sniper scope on top of it. That was one accurate old gun.

That was a $6,000+ gun with the scope. That's a bit Out of My League.

I give my guns a cleaning every time I shoot them, but I don't always give them a super thorough cleaning. Much depends on how many rounds were shot through the gun recently.

I need to take about a week and go through everything, take stock make notes of everything I want to do, re-document it all, & do some deep cleaning.

I'm a big fan of the M1. The rifle just looks so amazing to me, real world accuracy out of the box is pretty impressive with irons, building them (except barrel installation) is fairly simple, and I have parts on hand for a 4th build.... But that may require another safe LOL.

Nice selection you have there and nice group pic too. Where is the Mossberg?

Back