• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Did anybody else have a "WTF" moment during the Rick and Darryl chase scene?

It looked cool on screen and all, but we just finished watching the show pretty accurately portray what kind of hell a .50 caliber machine gun can unleash on a crowd of human bodies only to see Rick and Darryl casually drive directly into oncoming fire from the same weapon without a scratch. Seriously? Instead of turning Rick's Jeep into the world's largest spaghetti strainer all he got was a blown radiator? Was the windshield .50 caliber bullet proof too? All Rick had to do to survive the onslaught of direct .50 caliber machine gun fire was to list back and forth across the road.

I get suspension of disbelief, but damn...

I haven't caught up with this weeks episode yet, but I had a WTF moment last week when the large group were having a gunfight in one of the Saviors buildings.... a couple of people talking quietly to each other, after they'd just had a fully auto gunfight in an enclosed building with no apparent hearing protection....!

I commented to the wife that they'd need to be SHOUTING at each other for the next few days, if not forever, after being that close to gunfire..

I haven't caught up with this weeks episode yet, but I had a WTF moment last week when the large group were having a gunfight in one of the Saviors buildings.... a couple of people talking quietly to each other, after they'd just had a fully auto gunfight in an enclosed building with no apparent hearing protection....!

I commented to the wife that they'd need to be SHOUTING at each other for the next few days, if not forever, after being that close to gunfire..

:) yeah, it takes a cartoon character to keep it real!

It looked cool on screen and all, but we just finished watching the show pretty accurately portray what kind of hell a .50 caliber machine gun can unleash on a crowd of human bodies only to see Rick and Darryl casually drive directly into oncoming fire from the same weapon without a scratch. Seriously? Instead of turning Rick's Jeep into the world's largest spaghetti strainer all he got was a blown radiator? Was the windshield .50 caliber bullet proof too? All Rick had to do to survive the onslaught of direct .50 caliber machine gun fire was to list back and forth across the road.

I saw the windshield hit. I was like hahahaha. Gay.

You sure it was the fiddy cal? Looked like a normal full auto rifle to me.

But all rifles are full auto in a zombie apocalypse

I was gonna say in my last post that was just slightly unbelievable....but opted to just let it go. However it appears I'm not the only one with a problem suspending disbelief!! Lol. While the wifey and I were watching I was huffing "Aw, c'mon...he'd be so dead right now!" And to be honest all the sound effects for the close up rifle fire sound weird this season.

Tonight's episode...

giphy.gif

I just watched last weeks and this weeks episodes back to back.
I can't beleive I got pissed they killed sheeva.
Its fake!
And I'm still pissed....
Dag nabbit.

Wasn't exactly a nail-biter tonight.

It's not a good thing when the most noteworthy thing in 2 episodes is the death of a CGI tiger...

The show feels really disjointed at times. Not always, but sometimes...like tonight. I don't know if it's cuz I never read the comics and there's some underlying theme I'm missing.

I'm also not a fan of constant flashbacks to fill story gaps. The odd flashback is fine, but it has become a staple of the show.

They keep rotation directors etc for different episodes, each has their own "artistic" style, which seems to make if feel disjointed as well.

I liked the show a lot more when they were all scared, always on the move, you never know from moment to moment who would die and killing walkers wasnt just an annoyance. I know it has to evolve over time but.......

I'm still 2 behind. Hoping for a short binge viewing over the holiday.

They keep rotation directors etc for different episodes, each has their own "artistic" style, which seems to make if feel disjointed as well.

I liked the show a lot more when they were all scared, always on the move, you never know from moment to moment who would die and killing walkers wasnt just an annoyance. I know it has to evolve over time but.......

I'm still 2 behind. Hoping for a short binge viewing over the holiday.
I agree. I think they're in jeopardy of alienating their fan base if they don't decide which "style" to go with. I'm finding it frustrating at times and I really want to love this show like I used to.

Was it on last night?

I never catch it on Sunday but did get caught up on the previous two I had missed.

Why is every gun in the zombie apocalypse a full auto that can shoot more than about 7 seconds without a mag change no recoil at all and never got hot? Seriously? No wonder non-gun people are so confused on what they know about guns.

I am really developing a love/hate relationship with this show. It pisses me off to no end but I still need my weekly hookup. LOL

It was on. I didn't watch it yet. I did watch the talking dead though.
Apparently there's going to be a cross-over with one of the characters from twd to fear twd....
I wont give away "his" name, but if anyone who doesn't know, wants to take a guess, they can take a "stab" at it....
;)

Was it on last night?

I never catch it on Sunday but did get caught up on the previous two I had missed.

Why is every gun in the zombie apocalypse a full auto that can shoot more than about 7 seconds without a mag change no recoil at all and never got hot? Seriously? No wonder non-gun people are so confused on what they know about guns.

I am really developing a love/hate relationship with this show. It pisses me off to no end but I still need my weekly hookup. LOL
I re-watched the first season and part of the 2nd with my bro (he's hooked now) who has never watched the show before....wow so much intensity and suspense has been lost. I had forgotten just how intense this show was initially.

Back