• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Happy Thanksgiving...!!

The Owners, Admins & Moderating Staff of the Mossberg Owners Forum would like to extend their best wishes to the Membership for a Safe...Bountiful...and Happy Thanksgiving !!

GwaEidd.jpg

Last week, my wife asked me what I wanted for Thanksgiving dinner. I told her I wanted her to call our son and ask him what he wanted us to bring. :jester:

She liked that idea so... she's been baking buttermilk pies today. :yum:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Mossberg Owners!!

At my house here are the rules
1. Get up early and make your own breakfast or go without.
2. Don't sit in any of the chairs or walk on any of the floors after noontime because you will get them dirty.
3. Expect to spend at least an hour putting the extra leaf in the table rearranging furniture and dragging extra chairs out of the basement.
4. Don't even think about opening the refrigerator door because everything in there is for thanksgiving dinner.
5. Lunch is tomorrow not today stay to heck out of the kitchen.
6. The only thing available for dinner tonight is a PB&J sandwich or cookies and milk.

My plans for today had breakfast at 6 AM, do the table and chair thing then go down to the shop till noon. At noon go to town and have a pizza dinner, Go bother friends till 3 pm, go back down to my shop till dark. Have cold pizza and beer and watch TV till bedtime.

Tomorrow the part that makes it all worth it happens, the family will arrive and eat about half of the food that was off limits yesterday. Memere and I will get hugs from the grandkid and the kids and another one is in the books.....

I'm thankful for a lot of things. The biggest is my family. A close second are my friends.

That includes each of you. Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, my friends.

My family will start showing up about noon and we will snack and then eat about 3 or 3:30.

All the chairs and tables are arranged and the food is underway. Judy's doing vegetables and puttimg a smoked ham in the crock pot.

I cleaned up the Weber Smokey Mountain, and it's heating up right now. I'm going to go Splat a 15lb turkey and stick it on the grill.

But all of this is old hat to me and not a lot of strain I've been hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas for nearly 30 years.

The real effort all happened in the previous weeks, where I moved 3 aquariums around, and I built a new stand, moved furniture around, set everything up, and got it stocked.

That was a huge strain because I had no idea how much time it was all going to take and I had to have it done by today.

Actually there is a matching shelf for the aquarium stand that is still on my workbench and needs an hour of sanding & a couple more coats of Varnish. That unfortunately is not going to make it up.

But everything else is going to be perfect, if I can figure out how to smoke a turkey for the first time.

Today's Feast:

Carved Turkey Breast and Spiral Cut Honey Glazed Bone-in Ham with Whipped Mashed Potatoes, Cornbread & Cranberry Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes, Buttered Corn, Fresh String Beans, Steamed Cauliflower, Fresh Cranberries, and Hot from the Oven Crescent Rolls.

Appetizers include: Crème Cheese Celery Stalks, Mushroom Caps Oreganato, Thin Sliced Pepperoni with Spicy Mustard Dip, Smoked Kielbasa with Horseradish, and Cucumber Salad.

Desert: Chilled Pumpkin, Coconut Custard, and Oven Warmed Blueberry & Cherry Pies...Espresso, Coffee, and Tea. Ice Cold Buttermilk...

Enjoy Your Feast my Friends...!!

Back