• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington TAC-14 in 20ga. Will Mossberg follow?

Update: I called Mossberg today and I received an email back in a few hours with a prepaid FedEx label for return. The trigger assembly goes out tomorrow for replacement.

Mark-

Now that is great customer service! Good for Mossberg.

Best regards.

Ahhhh.......Mark.......she's younger....she's more gentle....she's new and exciting....and she plays hard to get......Of Course You Want Her!
Then there's the "Experienced One".....offering a powerful presence....a variety of pleasures.....and already a part of your concubine.
Pray Tell.....What is a Man To Do???
I sense you are a young man, and if I were too, I would sell something....anything.... to cuddle with both of these lovely creatures...to feel their offerings.
However, I am up in years, and will stay with the "experienced lady", and hope that I can hang on tight as the two of us ride off into the sunset.
Recoil Be Damned......I'm here for the ride!

You do realize Rico? This is your fault. You got me hooked up with the younger, gentler one who is great even now as a gimp with a broken leg.

They say Variety Is The Spice of Life.....
I hope the broken leg heals quickly and the two of you are dancing up a storm.

Thanks, Rico.

I had noticed that the 20ga trigger assembly had a slightly different design from the 12ga trigger assembly. So, I called Mossberg and I was told that the 12ga trigger assembly will NOT fit the 20ga receiver. I'll check both the 12ga and 20ga trigger assemblies once I get the replacement 20ga trigger assembly back from Mossberg to confirm that they are not interchangeable. This will tell me if the 590A1 metal trigger assembly can be used in the 20ga Shockwave.

No, I haven't used the 590A1 trigger assembly. I'm not sure if the cost, for me, is justified. I'm 72 and a little handicapped. I don't plan on running through any mud or swamps soon.

Thanks, Rico.

I had noticed that the 20ga trigger assembly had a slightly different design from the 12ga trigger assembly. So, I called Mossberg and I was told that the 12ga trigger assembly will NOT fit the 20ga receiver. I'll check both the 12ga and 20ga trigger assemblies once I get the replacement 20ga trigger assembly back from Mossberg to confirm that they are not interchangeable. This will tell me if the 590A1 metal trigger assembly can be used in the 20ga Shockwave.

I had my Shockwaves out today. I measured the width of both trigger assemblies. The 20 gauge is .125 inch thinner than the 12 gauge. So they are not interchangeable. Therefore, the 590A1 metal trigger assembly will not fit in the 20 gauge Shockwave.

Best regards.

I had my Shockwaves out today. I measured the width of both trigger assemblies. The 20 gauge is .125 inch thinner than the 12 gauge. So they are not interchangeable. Therefore, the 590A1 metal trigger assembly will not fit in the 20 gauge Shockwave.

Best regards.

Thanks, Craig.

This got me wondering. I checked the width of the 12ga and 20ga receivers. The receivers are also different. Mossberg didn't just modify a 12ga receiver. They designed and built a new 590 receiver for the 20ga. This implies that some 12ga receiver parts may not fit the 20ga receiver. The 12ga measures 1.406" wide and the 20ga measures 1.312' wide. The 20ga is 0.094" slimmer than the 12ga.

Mark, you obviously gave this more thought than I did. I too measured the width of my Shockwave receivers, with the same results as you. However, I had just attributed the difference to 12 vs 20 gauge. So now I have to dig out my 20 gauge 500 and measure the receiver on it to see if there is any difference.

Ya gotta love FedEx. They said they would deliver the trigger assembly to Mossberg today. Did not happen. Now the FedEx site says "No delivery Date Available At This Time". I would hope the trigger assembly will be delivered tomorrow but it'll probably be Monday (fingers crossed!).

I heard FedEx and UPS were going to merge. They will call it FedUp.
In all fairness, I get good service from both companies.

Ha ha. Good one. I got better service from FedEx before they starting involving the US Postal Service in their deliveries. There is no way to accurately track a package through that mess we call the USPS. I've got a holster I ordered for a Shield 45 that is supposedly out for delivery today by the USPS. We shall see.

Joe

I've had good service overall from both UPS and FedEx. I'm told the trigger will be delivered to Mossberg on Monday. It is annoying some times when this happens.

FedEx delivered my new trigger assembly today. My 20ga is, once more, complete. While I was waiting for the replacement to arrive, I did a few things to the 20ga. I added the Talon rubber grip, a Pro Mag safety, new ss mag follower, a rail, the UTG Bull Dot, a sling, and I stippled the grip ridges and added a hand stop. I'll be adding the XS Big Dot and the QD moout for the Bull Dot for quick removal. It's the same setup I have on my 12ga Shockwave, less the heat shield.

The 20ga setup, with 5 shells of Remington Express 2 3/4", #3 Buck, weighs 5.7 pounds. The QD mount should add about an ounce or so.

For comparison, my 12ga Shockwave, with the heat shield and 8 mini-shells Buckshot, weighs 6.8 pounds.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a quality 20ga heat shield but I haven't found a quality heat shield for the 20ga. In addition, the 20ga Shockwave has a heavy barrel that is a little bigger than the standard size barrel.

Mounting the Big Dot is permanent. Would it be better to get a heat shield before the Big Dot?

Back