• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pulled The Trigger!!!

I have been reading everything possible on the MVP Patrol over the past few weeks. Cabela's finally showed inventory at our local store and today was the first chance I've had to check out the actual rifle. Wow, just one 556/223 left in stock. Very impressed with how it felt and I might have passed on it if I hadn't read about it's quirks. I had a good trade in rifle that kept the price down and a 5% Veteran's discount to boot. It sure felt lighter than I expected and it has a different bolt knob, larger and bigger than Mossberg's catalog. Range day scheduled for next week!!!

I think you will be well pleased and very proud.

Clint Smith at Thunder Ranch and nutnfancy and lots of other reviewers are super happy with the rifle.

Congrats!

And welcome to the forum.....

Thanks for the welcome, I think I've watched every MVP Patrol YouTube video. I even watched the MVP Flex video's but noticed that the shooters seemed more relaxed shooting the Patrol model. It felt light and right in the store. Trigger finger contact is a need for me as I have an arthritic trigger finger. The first task will be to reduce the trigger pull weight.

Welcome, Jim, to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

I know where you are coming from, Jim. I got out in '67 and it wasn't a generally friendly atmosphere. Sort of made you keep your head down, figuratively speaking.

Welcome to the MOSSBERG Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...and Thank You for Your Service to Our Great Country !!

Thank You For Your Service and Welcome from Mi!!!

Every rifle has its quirks. I hope you are happy with it and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Welcome to the forum.

Also, congratulations on the new rifle. The MVP's seem to be solid performers.

And has been said, thank you for your service. I know the political climate at the time was toxic when you came home, and with a lot of stupid people falling in lock-step with the propaganda, but you have nothing to be ashamed of. Again. Thank you.

SHOOTER13,MikeD and John A. Thanks for the welcome. My last experience with Mossberg was about 57 years ago with a hand me down .22 single shot rifle. As far as I know it was never cleaned but was the most accurate rifle I've ever shot.

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13

:welcome:

Thank you ripjack13. Headed to the range today but the 50 yard range was booked today and the rest of the week! I'll have to wait until after New Year's now. I can't see spending as much or more on a scope so I put a Monstrum 3x9 on Weaver "see through" rings on the MVP Patrol 556. I traded a Troy PAR in at Cabela's and received a good price for it. With the trade, veteran's 5% discount and coupon received in the mail I paid $189. I live in NYS so options are limited. Can't wait to shoot it .

Back