• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR15 and variants Part 2

The carbine I built for my sis for Christmas
c5d2ca41b9335f352454d7e30123984e.jpg

25539235828_1f1afac5cc_k.jpg

Angstadt Arms - Upper, Lower and bolt
Thorsden NY compliant stock and buffer cover
ALG - Advanced Combat Trigger (3.5lbs pull)
ALG - mil spec lower parts kit
Wilson Arms 9mm barrel
Radical Firearms rail 12"
BCM Charging Handle
Noveske Ambi short throw safety
Magpul MBUS PRO metal sight set
Primary Arms Adv Micro Red dot
Larue QD mount
Haley Strategic Inforce WML 400 Lumens
Andersen mil spec buffer tube
Blitzkrieg Hydraulic Buffer
Heavy AR-10 Buffer Spring

Total weight is 7.4 lbs

The Beeatch in action:

Need to tweek the buffer spring kit to get the bolt hold open to function reliably.

25539232668_68029d3f15_k.jpg

25539230108_5a66bc1397_k.jpg

25539228558_30485ab2c5_k.jpg

My DMR - Designated Marksman Rifle/ Fighting Rifle

Build is as complete as I'm going to have it at this point.

Spikes Crusader Lower
Andersen Milspec LPK
Andersen Upper
Andersen Upper parts kit
Stag Arms NY Compliant Barrel 1:9 twist
ALG Rail & Barrel nut
Primary Arms ACSS 1-6x
Aero Precision UL Scope Mount
Griffin Armament 45* offset sights
Aim Assist Scope Throw Lever
Noveseke Short Throw safety (ambi but I took off the ambi because it really interferes with my trigger pull)
Haley Strategic Inforce WML 400/800 Lumens
Arisaka MLOK Finger stop
Geissle Super Charging Handle
Geissle G2S Trigger
Blue Force Gear 2 point sling (Not pictured)
Thordsen NY Compliant stock and carbine tube cover
Odin Works Gen III extended mag release
Magpul BAD Lever

This will see carbine courses this year. I'm hoping at least 2 but definitely in March 2018.

VMax .223 55gr: MOA All Day

39379419472_e4cc13d5ae_k.jpg

@SWIGIN which Vortex do you have on that one?

@Water Monkey the reason for it sucks but that stock does have kind of a cool sci-fi look to it

@SWIGIN which Vortex do you have on that one?

@Water Monkey the reason for it sucks but that stock does have kind of a cool sci-fi look to it

Ergonomics blow a little with the stock. Thumb can't flick the safety on just off. Your support hand needs to return to put the safety on.

Also you need an extended mag release to ensure you can eject the mag consistently as your index finger is farther away with the stock.

But it's the best thing on the market for banned states.

I like them especially on pistol cal's because they are blowback action and the hammer pin on them takes a beating. The antirotational pins helps distribute that pressure over both of the hammer and trigger pins.

Lots of folks to attest to egged pin holes in the receivers of pistol cal's.

The #1 reason I like them on my other AR's is so the pins can't walk out a little while you're using it because if they do, your trigger will lock up and the gun won't fire. That is something that has happened to me occasionally. Especially on some of my older and more worn guns.

The KNS are $25-$32 a set, and you can get off brands for under $12 or so now on ebay.

If you don't want ANTIROTATIONAL pins, you can also get ANTI WALK pins if you worry about a pin walking out.

But if you get the off brand antirotational pins, is a slightly better option between the 3 and only a couple bucks more if you shop around.

edit: the difference between antiwalk pins
https://www.rainierarms.com/cmc-trigger-pin-set-154/

And antirotational pins
https://www.veriforcetactical.com/p...tion-anti-walking-triggerhammer-cam-pins-set/

Last edited:
This is my first pistol build as well as first complete build overall. After firing a few hundred rounds with zero malfs and getting the gas system adjusted right, it now is part of my EDC kit and rides in the truck with me. Shorty P 3.0.jpg
I also have a 1-4x24 Bushnell scope mounted in a QD mount for it. I want to test it and see if it is possible to take the Holosun RD off and install the Bushy variable and both still hold zeros.

Last edited:
I also have a 1-4x24 Bushnell scope mounted in a QD mount for it. I want to test it and see if it is possible to take the Holosun RD off and install the Bushy variable and both still hold zeros.[/QUOTE said:
Zero should remain pretty close, but might need some minor tweaking each time you swap them. Won't know til you try.

I plan to try at some point, biggest problem is trying to find a defensive round that works reliably out of a 7 1/2" barrel. I use the Federal MK318 62 gr. OTM round for now, but those are somewhat hard to find and expensive. I have some of the new Hornady Frontier 5.56 62 gr. SP coming to try in it. Those are around 50 cents apiece vs. 75 cents to $1 each. Hindsight being what it is, I should have built it in .300 Black, but I like 5.56 for whatever reason.
.300 Black pistol barrels are pretty cheap , and I can build a .300 upper assembly for $300-ish.

Just waiting on a bang switch.

Spikes lower
Anderson slick side upper
Angstadt BCG
KAW Valley gun works 8.5 inch barrel, and 7.5 oz extended buffer
Tubbs flatwire buffer spring
Troy 7.6" handguards
CMMG A2 flash hider
Tailhook Mod 2 brace
MOE grip
KAK Colt style mag block
Strike industries enhanced LPK, and charging handle
KNS anti walk pins
Holosun Parlow red dot, with ACSS CQB reticle

Waiting on an ALG QMS trigger, and will do the polishing myself.
4802937d8e163631442bcb1c0f574979.jpg
a151f31b99b128d5f1c50a650fb8f566.jpg

Back