• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave 590

I walked in to B&S Guns in Garland, TX today and asked if they had a Shockwave. The guy behind the counter said yes they have one. It is a 20 gauge model which is the model you want. He went on to say that the 12 gauge model is uncontrollable and that everyone should only get the 20 gauge model. I handled the 20 gauge model they had and looked at the price tag........$479.00!!!! I looked at him and asked if this was the correct price. He said yes it is.

Needless to say, I placed the Shockwave back on the counter, said thanks very much, and walked out. Talk about overcharging!

Joe

With an MSRP of $455 and web prices of $360 or so, you did the right thing. I got both my Shockwaves (12and 20) for about $360 shipped with a $25 transfer.

Years ago I had a bad experience at B&S which convinced me they're crooks.

I told them then that I would never be back and have done a good job of keeping my promise.

I was shocked by the price, but I was totally dumbfounded by the asinine comment that the 12 gauge was uncontrollable.

I won't be going back to B&S anytime soon.

Joe

I needed some new night sights for a pistol. They didn't have them, but would order them as long as I paid in advance. I asked how much they would charge for installation and was told there would be no charge, since I bought them there. That sounded good, so I agreed. They even gave me a receipt which included a line that listed installation for $0.00.

They were supposed to call me when my sights came in... they didn't. I finally stopped by with my unloaded pistol in a case. The sights were in, but there would be a charge for installation. My reaction was, "No there won't!" I showed him my receipt and even pointed out that line. He took my pistol and receipt to the back room only to return a few minutes later and told me the boss said installation would cost me. "No, it won't... I want my damned money back."

As I was about to get my refund, he said, "I'm not losing your business over this. Let me have your pistol." He came back in a few minutes with the new sights installed. I thanked him but told him it was too late, I would never be back.

If they had told me up front that there would be an installation charge (and it was reasonable), that would have been OK. However, telling me there would be no charge and trying to change the game later didn't set well.

Gentlemen;

Based on your comments about this gun shop, it sounds like the name should be simply "BS" instead of "B&S". Definitely sounds like a place to stay away from. As with MarkB1, I was able to get both my 12 and 20 gauge Shockwave for well under $400.00. There is no reason in the world to pay over MSRP.

Best regards.

I've been referring to them as "BullShit Guns" ever since my incident in 2009.

@Joe Gilbert - You should check out Rockwall Shooter's Supply. It's about 11 miles NE of B&S. Nice guys running a very small shop. They'll happily order anything you want.

http://www.rss-tx.com/

Last edited:
Purchased my 20g here in WA @ Skaggit Arms for $350. Same place I got my S&W Sport II for $375.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back