• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Raul has been copying other people so much and for so long that it's about time somebody thinks they want to copy him for once.

Well it's hopeless right now.

I promised my wife: no more pistols, shotguns, rifles, or outboard motors until we fix up the house a bit.

I'm just gonna leave this here....

37815691886_17df51169c_z.jpg

7 yards slow fire.

Did a 350 round session with a lot of reload drills and transition drills. Started to get focus fatigue so I ended with a slow fire session to reign my fundamentals in.

Hey people, hi!

I have some issues with my Ultra Carry II. It’s about 10 or 11 years old, external extractor.

The firing pin is stuck. I’ve removed the end plate and the extractor spring and everything but the firing pin won’t come out. I can press it forward with a center punch and it will sometimes stick forward. I can’t even remove it to inspect it or the channel for problems and it feels like it’s hanging up rather than a spring.

Hey people, hi!

I have some issues with my Ultra Carry II. It’s about 10 or 11 years old, external extractor.

The firing pin is stuck. I’ve removed the end plate and the extractor spring and everything but the firing pin won’t come out. I can press it forward with a center punch and it will sometimes stick forward. I can’t even remove it to inspect it or the channel for problems and it feels like it’s hanging up rather than a spring.

Hello and Merry Christmas! and Long time no post for me!

You have a Fire pin safety on that model right?! if so press it up as to use small punch to push it out!
I hope that helps! it been a long time since I had my hands on one!

Hey man, merry Christmas! It has been a while, how are you?

Ok, so it’s got the pin that sticks out in the grip frame that interfaces with the button on the underside of the slide. I guess the firing pin block? But that button is pressed in already and that should release the firing pin when the end plate is removed. That’s not happening right now.

Hey man, merry Christmas! It has been a while, how are you?

Ok, so it’s got the pin that sticks out in the grip frame that interfaces with the button on the underside of the slide. I guess the firing pin block? But that button is pressed in already and that should release the firing pin when the end plate is removed. That’s not happening right now.

Well this happened in July!
I was doing about 72mph and got in the leftt lane passed another truck merging on the freeway...... the got in the right lane when I was clear......
then a few seconds later BOOOOOOM I hit another Truck and trailer! He was doing 15mhp on the freeway with no trailer lights on!
it was like a Deer in the road all I could do is yank the wheel left! it gave me about 16" of the room I needed to survive!
DYD4F5.png

k7cGb8.jpg

7OHTvP.jpg

I’ve got the slide soaking in aerokroil, it’s a penetrating oil not unlike PB Blaster. I’ll see if that frees up stuck parts.

I’m learning a little as I go and might be able to resolve my issues on my own. I have a pistol class the second weekend in January so I hope to have it running again by then. I have a back up but it’s far more finicky and loose with a couple weird quirks.

Excellent, thank you! If it gets to that point, I may have to take it to a gunsmith though. My vise isn’t in shape to handle sight removal. I’ve actually considered the sight may be a problem. I had someone install the new sights and I then put the mainspring housing in at the same time. I don’t know if something didn’t happen at the time the sights were installed. The guy, while a “gunsmith”, was a friend of a friend and did it on the cheap but was the sort of gunsmith who is working out of a rented space that was barely a storage unit in a shop. Not a gun shop. Just a shop. So I look back on it and think maybe I should have gone with someone more reputable given this is my carry gun.

Excellent, thank you! If it gets to that point, I may have to take it to a gunsmith though. My vise isn’t in shape to handle sight removal. I’ve actually considered the sight may be a problem. I had someone install the new sights and I then put the mainspring housing in at the same time. I don’t know if something didn’t happen at the time the sights were installed. The guy, while a “gunsmith”, was a friend of a friend and did it on the cheap but was the sort of gunsmith who is working out of a rented space that was barely a storage unit in a shop. Not a gun shop. Just a shop. So I look back on it and think maybe I should have gone with someone more reputable given this is my carry gun.

You shouldn't need a vise to remove the sight, if it's the original Kimber type. Just loosen the set screw and slide the sight off. Of course, since that guy changed the sight, what do I know? ;)

BTW, I fixed the link in my previous post.

Back