• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning and a little laughter my Mossberg friends. Cloudy and 29 with a high of about 40 scheduled for later this afternoon. I'm heading out in about a half hour to go to an auction. Probably won't buy anything, just watch. Anyways, ya'll have a great day and be safe.

We bottomed out around 3 degs this morning. Yesterday was -1. Heat wave tomorrow at 23 degs then we fall off the cliff (for us anyways) for a couple of days.

Good morning and a little laughter my Mossberg friends. Cloudy and 29 with a high of about 40 scheduled for later this afternoon. I'm heading out in about a half hour to go to an auction. Probably won't buy anything, just watch. Anyways, ya'll have a great day and be safe.
I have a collection of old crockery whiskey jugs. I bought most of them at auctions. I remember bidding against only one person, who was sitting behind me. He kept running up the price until I looked at him over my shoulder and growled at him like an angry dog. He quit bidding.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners...!!

Yet another Frigid Morn in the Burbs....14 degrees without the wind chill...with a projected high of only 22 degrees. Wonderful...!!

Where the Hell is Spring...!!??

Good Morning Mossberg Owners...!!

Yet another Frigid Morn in the Burbs....14 degrees without the wind chill...with a projected high of only 22 degrees. Wonderful...!!

Where the Hell is Spring...!!??

In California. 62 in the shade!
1514496619793801798450.jpg

It's about the only perk of living here nowadays, but my bones don't ache from the cold weather.

Absolutely Hilarious. Your turn Caddmann.

You understand about animal husbandry. Raise the little stuff to feed to the big stuff, feed that to bigger stuff, etc, and that's stuff you get to eat.

Felix (who may still be Felicia... this is undetermined) is a South American Bass and I bet he tastes just about like any American Bass. We fish Largemouth and Smallmouth and lakes around here and they don't look much different from him/her physically.

But he's just barely 6in right now so not legal to eat. Normally the bass here need to be 12 in or 21 in the trophy Lakes.

This guy will likely never get over 14 in unless he turns out to be a particularly magnificent specimen, and it's more likely that in my care he will never exceed 12 in.

A lot of you guys probably don't know that just like rescued dogs, there are rescued fish. Lots of people buy tiny fish in the pet store not knowing that some of them only get to be three in long and some of them get to be 30 in Long!

The pet stores don't care, but what do you do with a fish that is too large for your tank? He has to go into a bigger tank or he will soon die.

99% of them probably die, and 1% of them get rescued into a larger tank by someone who does this as a hobby.

People have the misconception that if you keep a fish in an aquarium it will not grow to a size that would make it uncomfortable in that Aquarium. What actually happens is the fish grows up to the size where it needs a bigger aquarium to live in, and basically he ends up and dying in a toilet, because there's not enough water to carry away his wastes efficiently and quickly, or he starves to death because people realized that when they feed him a lot he poops a lot and they don't want to clean it up.

The common plecostomus is a poor sucker-mouth catfish commonly sold in pet stores, to suckered fish buyers. They are usually inexpensive when they are small and deceptively pricey when they get large, because they get large quite easily.

Only one Aquarist in 100 has an aquarium big enough to raise this fish to adulthood and keep it. Almost every new aquarium owner is talked into buying one by a pet store to help keep the tank free of algae.

They don't tell anyone that that algae is what helps eat the nitrates in the water and keep your fish healthy.

Or that 99% of these die, suffering at the hands of their uneducated owners.

Last edited:
Hey Caddmann,
I have had aquariums too. I loved everything about the hobby. Fish have personalities, they grow and spawn, they do the things each one is programmed to do. And as you say some get abused because aquarium owners are not as knowledgeable as you, and allow the fish environment to get out of control. I respect you and your choice of hobby and regret that my situation does not allow me to get back into aquariums. I am enjoying watching you expand your level of dedication to this hobby. Please do not take offense to my comments, they are only meant as humor. I'm just an old redneck who enjoys a good laugh, but not at the expense of anyone else. So, please keep us up to date on you progress and I thank you for the info on raising fish. Keep up the good work. I look forward to more of your posts.

Good morning fellow Mossberg lovers. 33 and cloudy this morning . We are supposed to have a cold weekend with with lows of 25, 15, and 6 the next three nights. According to the weather man we could get some freezing rain and or snow over the weekend as well.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Back