• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: M4 A3 patrol spotted at Walmarts

Could be a Bushmaster, Colt, or Smith & Wesson....pix or it doesn't exist .lol

Only m4 a3 i can find when I type that into google is bushmaster but I know colt and s and w make an m4

well, you also have to consider that quite a few manufacturers use similar and vastly different terminology to identify their products.

for most, M4, is basically the collapsible stock (whatever kind they want to use - or their idea of what a collapsible stock should look like), and a barrel that has the M4 cuts (contour) to it. Some have the bayo lugs, some do not (seemingly no matter if it is pre or post ban - and there is no ban anymore)

A3 usually means it is a flat top receiver. For some, A3 includes the removable A2 carry handle, for others it doesn't.

so, you can pretty much call it anything you like, as long as you know what it means to you.

go back to the store and take a closer look, or call the sporting goods counter and ask them what brand and model they are.

mister_e said:
well, you also have to consider that quite a few manufacturers use similar and vastly different terminology to identify their products.

for most, M4, is basically the collapsible stock (whatever kind they want to use - or their idea of what a collapsible stock should look like), and a barrel that has the M4 cuts (contour) to it. Some have the bayo lugs, some do not (seemingly no matter if it is pre or post ban - and there is no ban anymore)

A3 usually means it is a flat top receiver. For some, A3 includes the removable A2 carry handle, for others it doesn't.

so, you can pretty much call it anything you like, as long as you know what it means to you.

go back to the store and take a closer look, or call the sporting goods counter and ask them what brand and model they are.

If I remember correctly it had an A2 style carry handle and an A2 style flash hider.

I got around to upgrading the various parts on my Colt 6920.

Before
IMGP0399.jpg

After
IMGP0408.jpg

Troy Industries rail handguards
Viking Tactics 2 Point Quick Adjust Sling
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle (Medium)
Magpul rear BUIS
Tango Down VFG
Viking Tactics Light Mount with Surefire 6P Defender

I have an Aimpoint PRO on the way and I'll be done!

Yes you are right! The A3 is a flat top with removable A2 carry handle! ;)

Vulcan Armament has on, all polymer for $700. Probably not this one if its $900 +...
http://www.vulcanarmament.com/cgist...ew/product.html&setup=1&ida=251&idp=112&his=0
251.jpg

Bushmaster also has at least one. Shown here is the Bushmaster LE SOPMOD M4 style carbine for $1200
http://www.kingdomarms.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78_83_110&products_id=1512
BushmasterM4A3Sopmod.jpg

There are definitely a few others that make them too, like DPMS, which I found used for $800 and some name I didnt recognize with a "side charging handle".

The Bushmasters are goin for about 11 to $1300 depending on a couple different things.

I'd be interested too in knowing the make! I've been told WalMart has a fairly complete catalogue of all sorts of firearms, and like many gun stores can order what you dont see on the shelf.

K.I.S.S. Carbine... Bushmaster lower receiver, Colt LPK, Colt 6921 upper, permanent attached Vortex, Young Manufacturing bolt carrier group, DD rear sight, Magpul furniture, Lancer magazines. Simple, light and fast handling...

IMAG0112.jpg

IMGP0427.jpg

I'm finally done upgrading the parts on my Colt 6920. I can't say enough good things about the Magpul CTR stock that I bought today. It has no wobble whatsoever unlike the factory M4 stock the gun came with. I also swapped the light from my 6P Defender and bought a Surefire G2. I didn't like the idea of having my old carry light on a new rifle so it only made sense to put a new light on it LOL! I also added ERGO rail covers. I tried the Magpul XTM covers but I really didn't like the way Magpul designed those. I think Magpul makes top notch AR-15 accessories except for their rail covers.

Excellent work SNIPER !!

...did you paint those parts yourself...or are they standard for the OEM ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back