• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

All Things Shockwave

Probably asked and answered but there is a plethora of Shockwave threads to wade through and I`m old! ;)

Is the Knoxx Breachers Grip Gen III grip a legal alternative to the Raptor grip for use on the Shockwave?

K38702C_KnoxxGenIIIBreachersGrip_Standard7.jpg

Dear Members,

I have reviewed this thread and have removed antagonistic and unrelated posts. Please stay on topic on questions about and/or owner comments on the shockwave.

Or
Else

Regards,

Water Monkey

Still crazy how many grip options are out there that there is pure speculation about whether adding them creates an AOW.

People still give me crap telling me my wooden birds-head grip is illegal because "the letter says you cant change ANYTHING"

Still crazy how many grip options are out there that there is pure speculation about whether adding them creates an AOW.

People still give me crap telling me my wooden birds-head grip is illegal because "the letter says you cant change ANYTHING"

I can`t imagine why having identical furiture would sudenly make it illegal....I understand the pistol grip, I measured my Houge Tamer and it feel short of the 26". A lot to learn!

Probably asked and answered but there is a plethora of Shockwave threads to wade through and I`m old! ;)

Is the Knoxx Breachers Grip Gen III grip a legal alternative to the Raptor grip for use on the Shockwave?

View attachment 17609

I just got a response from Blackhawk or Richard Ammann from Vista Outdoors......I didn`t learn much but I did learn Vista Outdoors owns a lot of companies.

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

Ammann, Richard <Richard.Ammann@vistaoutdoor.com>
3:55 PM (3 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

It is at most states but you need to check your local laws.

I have not seen this addressed, dry firing and cycling the action to smooth it out. Could dry fire and cycle the action thousands of time to smooth out the action.

I have not seen this addressed, dry firing and cycling the action to smooth it out. Could dry fire and cycle the action thousands of time to smooth out the action.

I personally would take a three pronged approach to breaking in a new SW.

First, strip it down for a good cleaning, parts inspection and lube. Look for burs, sharp edges, debris.

Second, holding the slide release button down I'd cycle the guns as many times as you want to "wear in" the mechanism.

Third, I'd get some inert practice rounds and cycle them throught the gun many times as you can. This is the only way you can judge if you have any feed issues. You can also practice reloading to keep the magazine topped off while you're cycling the weapon.

Don't think there is any pat answer as to the number of cycles needed but after a while, plus a few hundred rounds of live fire, it will be a smooth as butter.

Regards.

View attachment 17609
So I bit the bullet and got one of those grips. When attached the overall length isactually longer than with the Shockwave Grip. Although once I put it on and practiced racking it and bringing it up to shoot I decided the ergonomics of the Shockwave Grip is superior. I do still plan to take it out when things warm up a bit and see if it’s any better while shooting but for now I prefer the factory option.

So I bit the bullet and got one of those grips. When attached the overall length isactually longer than with the Shockwave Grip. Although once I put it on and practiced racking it and bringing it up to shoot I decided the ergonomics of the Shockwave Grip is superior. I do still plan to take it out when things warm up a bit and see if it’s any better while shooting but for now I prefer the factory option.

I ordered one and give it a try myself....I measured it at 27 1/4" overall. I ran about a box of ten 2 1/4" 6 pellet 00 through it and it functioned just fine, though the action release and safety was a bit awkward and I still have legal concerns so I removed it.

100_8588.JPG

Elbert, have you had an opportunity to shoot your SW since adding the new follower? Really interested in how it compares to the original equipment one that came with the weapon. Both in ease of loading and overall functionality?

Any insights you could share would certainly be appreciated.

Regards

Yes, I have shot it twice after the install and it`s smoother and quieter.....

I ordered one and give it a try myself....I measured it at 27 1/4" overall. I ran about a box of ten 2 1/4" 6 pellet 00 through it and it functioned just fine, though the action release and safety was a bit awkward and I still have legal concerns so I removed it.

View attachment 17740
I’m not worried about the legal concerns but like you mentioned I didn’t like how the action release and safety felt.

Back