• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ka-Bar/ Becker BK2

Bathrobeman

.270 WIN
Hey y'all.
Any Ka-Bar fans out there? I'm not big into knives, but I have a couple of Ka-Bar's that I like pretty well. I have a Bk2 and a USN MKI, both are nice tools.
I'm not into the whole "batoning thing," but I thought I'd give it a try once. I guess it works, but it seems like a good way to F up a blade, and why not just pack a hatchet?

In my Jeep right now...attached to my bug out bag.

nkLdPju.jpg

yllSPpX.jpg

SPECS:

Steel~ 1095 Cro-Van
Blade Type~ Fixed

Measurements:
Weight~ 0.70 lb
Blade length~ 7"
Overall length~ 11.75"
Blade Thickness~ 0.165
Blade Width~ 1.188

Grind~ Flat
Edge Angles~ 20 Degrees
Handle Material~ Foliage Green Kraton G®
Shape~ Clip Point
HRC~ 56-58
Butt Cap/Guard~ 12GA Commercial Grd Carbon Steel
Knife Made in~ USA
Sheath Made in~ Taiwan

I usually just keep mine in their box until I'm heading out to use them. If I'm taking my shotgun I'll strap the BK2 sheath on the scabbard and roll out.
I haven't had any luck w the plastic sheathsthey come with not dulling the blades. So got a leather one for the USN and a polyester for the BK2.

Attachments

• IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    857.7 KB · Views: 6
In my Jeep right now...attached to my bug out bag.

nkLdPju.jpg

yllSPpX.jpg

SPECS:

Steel~ 1095 Cro-Van
Blade Type~ Fixed

Measurements:
Weight~ 0.70 lb
Blade length~ 7"
Overall length~ 11.75"
Blade Thickness~ 0.165
Blade Width~ 1.188

Grind~ Flat
Edge Angles~ 20 Degrees
Handle Material~ Foliage Green Kraton G®
Shape~ Clip Point
HRC~ 56-58
Butt Cap/Guard~ 12GA Commercial Grd Carbon Steel
Knife Made in~ USA
Sheath Made in~ Taiwan

The fighting knifes are cool but too big to be useful in many areas other than fighting. Let me cut this rope with my sword right quick..
If I'm going to be in a knife fight, I'm brining a gun. My BK2 is really a little big to do a lot of "daily" task. It'd be good for busting out a car window or something incase of emergency though.

Last edited:
I'd love to own a BK2. I like axes and machetes and hatchets and parangs and stuff and the BK2 looks like it would be awesome around a camp. I would punish that knife and smile all the time I was doing it.

I actually considered getting one. I went smaller and lighter by getting an ESEE-3 after I saw the Becker was a foot long.

I'd love to own a BK2. I like axes and machetes and hatchets and parangs and stuff and the BK2 looks like it would be awesome around a camp. I would punish that knife and smile all the time I was doing it.

I actually considered getting one. I went smaller and lighter by getting an ESEE-3 after I saw the Becker was a foot long.
You might have chosen right. The scales that come with it are kinda jinky and the plastic sheath dulls the blade every time you pull it in and out. So, if one gets a BK2 for sure figure in the cost of another sheath and possible aftermarket scales.
Ka-Bar has a polyester sheath that works well for it, it's just not so attractive and it's sold seperatly.

image.jpg Well, I went back to the knife shop and grabbed the Ka Bar and the small folder. The sheath had staples where rivets should be. I have a friend that can change that. The owner knocked off $15 . I ended up with both knives for $85, that included tax.

Back