• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I may have to jump ship....

I find it hard to believe that you can't afford to own both shotguns doctor.

I hope you're not becoming a Remington snob LOL

So, I just saw the new IWI Tavor 12ga semi-auto shotgun. I may have to dump my KSG and 12ga SW to pay for it! I'll keep the 20ga SW. So it's like jumping ship and getting hung up on the rail! I'll wait a bit to see how it shakes out in the field.

Maybe I'll part out my shockwave. anybody interested in the "full kit" to take your plane jane shockwave to this beauty?! lol

View attachment 17635

I would take that over any Remmy any day- Trap shooting, both guys I know with Remmy's have them jam after 100+ rounds every time we go- My mossy, never jams. In over 1500 rounds, I have had like 5 that wouldn't extract, and 3 were steel shot shells "kent" brand that one club makes us use.

I would take that over any Remmy any day- Trap shooting, both guys I know with Remmy's have them jam after 100+ rounds every time we go- My mossy, never jams. In over 1500 rounds, I have had like 5 that wouldn't extract, and 3 were steel shot shells "kent" brand that one club makes us use.

I don't know which Remington your friends have, but I ran my Versa Max Tactical for two years without a cleaning, just to see how long it would take to fail. It probably didn't make it to 2,000 rounds, but that was still with no cleaning or lube. After a complete tear down and polish, it's my 2nd go-to shotgun, after my original Winchester Defender. There are good an bad firearms in every brand, model, and lot. Maybe your friends got duds, maybe I've been lucky. But a single gun doesn't define the entire brand.

I don't know which Remington your friends have, but I ran my Versa Max Tactical for two years without a cleaning, just to see how long it would take to fail. It probably didn't make it to 2,000 rounds, but that was still with no cleaning or lube. After a complete tear down and polish, it's my 2nd go-to shotgun, after my original Winchester Defender. There are good an bad firearms in every brand, model, and lot. Maybe your friends got duds, maybe I've been lucky. But a single gun doesn't define the entire brand.

Basic 870, purchased around 2013 which is comparable to a basic Mossberg 500 in a lot of people’s minds. My 1973 Mossberg 500 runs circles around the 870.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 500 has much looser tolerances than the 870, which is looser than the 1300. I own all three, and didn't appreciate this until trying to cycle my Winchester on a windy, very dusty day.

Indoors, they are mostly equal. Outside in the real world, I give a nod to the 500. It's the AK of shotguns. But that rattle drives me nuts.

The 500 has much looser tolerances than the 870, which is looser than the 1300. I own all three, and didn't appreciate this until trying to cycle my Winchester on a windy, very dusty day.

Indoors, they are mostly equal. Outside in the real world, I give a nod to the 500. It's the AK of shotguns. But that rattle drives me nuts.

The rattle is the “sound or reliability” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back