• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 930 SPX owner - and the next step is: Buttstock/Urbino

burkeman

Copper BB
Thanks to helpful responses from DEAN BUFFINGTON and pawpaw, I've decided to stick with the original forend and tighten it up a little with the help of OR3GUN.
Now, to my other furniture challenge: the stock Choate stock...not loving it. I prefer a little shorter length-of-pull, a little higher cheek weld and a Limbsaver recoil pad (I know I can get one for the Chaote). It appears that the Mesa Tactical Urbino is the only product out there that addresses all three criteria 9and may be virtually the only option anyway). I've read the postings here and elsewhere, but most of them are fairly old. It seems that this product went through some trial and error and I'm wondering if you folks think it's fully functional now. For example, Is it any more finicky with various ammo types than the original? I e-mailed Mesa weeks ago and never got a response (bad omen?). So, I'd appreciate any adult supervision on this topic. Thank you.

Thanks to helpful responses from DEAN BUFFINGTON and pawpaw, I've decided to stick with the original forend and tighten it up a little with the help of OR3GUN.
Now, to my other furniture challenge: the stock Choate stock...not loving it. I prefer a little shorter length-of-pull, a little higher cheek weld and a Limbsaver recoil pad (I know I can get one for the Chaote). It appears that the Mesa Tactical Urbino is the only product out there that addresses all three criteria 9and may be virtually the only option anyway). I've read the postings here and elsewhere, but most of them are fairly old. It seems that this product went through some trial and error and I'm wondering if you folks think it's fully functional now. For example, Is it any more finicky with various ammo types than the original? I e-mailed Mesa weeks ago and never got a response (bad omen?). So, I'd appreciate any adult supervision on this topic. Thank you.
Good Post about OR3GUN

( Sorry ) Spent the last two hours cleaning up the yard so my above post was short. But I wanted to tell you that my factory 930 stock fits me pretty good except for the fact that it would be nice if it had a cheek rest. So I googled ( Mossberg 930 spx with a Urbino check rest ) And up it came were someone with a factory stock had adapted a Mesa Tactacle Urbino to his stock & it looked pretty good too. It was coyote in color & he said right now Mesa Tactical had them on sale for $9.00 each plus shipping. So I went to their site & they had 4 left in coyote color ( no black ) which is my 930 color anyway so I bought one. My 930 is great for me & the only thing I would ask for is about a half inch in height & the great cheek rest of the Urbino. So I bought this & will tinker with it to make it work on my stock. This will be great for me because with the cheekrest I will have gained just a little height and a very nice place to rest your cheek. I sent my forend off to OR3GUN to have it shaved down to load shells better earlier last week & hoping to get it back this week, Also sent my barrel off to R&D in California to get it threaded for my TRU-LOCK tactical choke. ( Burke ) look at MIDWAY & punch up their MESA TACTICLE stock reviews their are about 6 reviews on it & two are pretty bad about having to cut the spring to make it work correctly & so on. A lot of people are not having any kind of problem at all but it would be just my luck that I would. You can not go wrong with the OR3GUN parts on your 930. Working right comes first & looking pretty comes in second for me. As I said good luck.

Well, after these comments, further deliberation and zero response from ETA to two inquiries (caveat emptor), I decided to stick with the original Choate stock and add a Limbsaver pad and a sling loop attachment and call it a day. The LOP is at lest an inch longer than I like but the gun seems to cycle everything....something I have no confidence the Elite would allow.

I have little to add to be able to help, but I can say with 100% certainty that Choate stands behind their products just like they say. No questions asked guarantee.

I have had to have the receiver cup replaced on my MP5 stock twice. (it's a choate stock).

Both times, I had the replacement part in my hands in short order, and at no cost, and with no grief.

Companies like that tend to continue to get my business.

Burk / When I can get my camera working again or buy another one. I will try to post some pictures of my Urbino ckeek rest that I installed on my orig 930spx stock. I have no doubt it would fit the Choate stock also. It made a world of difference for me. I just bought the Urbino 4 shotsheel holder for the checkrest on the rt side. And will install it when it comes in. This will fit your set-up also if you thought it would help you.

Back