• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP Predator drop bolt question

Hey everyone, I have a Mossberg MVP Predator in 5.56mm. Ive had it for about 5 years now and probably put around 800 rounds through it without a single failure to feed, fire or eject. My first question about the bolt however is regarding the drop push feed mechanism. On my bolt, when I take the bolt out of the rifle, the lip that drops down and strips the round out of the magazine into the chamber, it has some side to side play in it when I push on it with my finger. Its not slapping around or clicking or anything like that but it does have some wiggle room to it that it moves from side to side slightly. I was wondering if any other MVP owners have noticed the same on their bolts?

My second question is, how is the drop push feed connected to the bolt? Is it fastened by a rivet or a small screw? Its so small I cant tell. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

FlashThunder85

so to answer #1... there is some very slight play on mine as well. could be normal.
to answer #2 looks like a simple pin.. could be tapped out with a punch of the right size.

I have about 200 rounds through my MVP, and it also has a bit of play. As the little flipper is steel, I wouldn't worry about wearing it out soon.

Could be worth adding a spring, flipper, and roll pin to my parts collection, but it doesn't look like a high risk issue.

Back