• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mesa Tactical Cheek Riser Fits My Factory 930 SPX Stock Perfect

DEAN BUFFINGTON

Supporter
I had seen were Mesa Tactical had cheek risers for sale on their website for $9.00 each. So I bought one in coyote color which is the same color as my 930 spx. It came in today & I took the stock off my 930 to see how it fit on it. Wow was I surprised to see it was a absolutely perfect fit to the factory 930 spx stock. The Mesa cheekriser has nuts & bolts in the bottom of the cheek riser. Disregard these bolts they will not hurt anything or be used in any way. I slid the cheek riser down to were I was comfortable with it & drilled some holes through both sides in the top part of the cheek riser. Four holes in all two on each side. It was positioned about three quarters of an inch up from the top of the factory stock. This was perfect for me. The inside of the factory 930 stock is hollow on top & bottom between the tube & just enough room to get some 3/16 bolts nuts & flats to tighten up. I used marine stainless steel bolts & nuts. It is a tight fit with just a hair of room on both sides and has to be measured correctly before you drill any holes. I also applied blue Loctite on the nuts before I tightened them up. I did non raise mine up very high but it is perfect for me. You can raise it as high as you need to for your comfort before you drill. And check it as you go. The Mesa tactical cheek riser fits like it was made for the 930 spx. I was absolutely pleased with the outcome. It is a solid mount & extremely strong the way I bolted it down. The top bolts match the bottom bolts perfectly. This can be done by anyone. It took me about a hour start to finish. It looks absolutely great on my 930 spx.
Also I ment to add when you drill you holes thru the cheek riser you need to drill them at a slight angle so they rest on the cheek riser flush after you tighten them down

I'am sorry for not taking pictures but my camera is down right now

Last edited:
pics_or_it_didnt_happen_retro_poster-rafce5a91cfbe4e509401c9434d861ab7_tvw_8byvr_512.jpg

Looks good Burke. How did you attache it to the shock. I also have a coyote sling very similar to yours. The 930 spx just has a great feel to it with a cheekriser on it. Also have the same GG&G receiver brk you have on yours. Keep up the good work.

Good job experimenting. Glad it worked out.

The product I used is made by God-A-Grip. It's a rubberized material coated with a 3M adhesive. Is working well so far and allow a perfect cheek for use with the sights.

It looks gook Burke. If it shoots good for you I know you are satisfied. What kind of safety is on yours it looks bigger than the stock one. If I count all the little things I have purchased for mine I probably could have bought another one. Just got mine back from R&D custom barrel works out of Calif. He threaded the barrel for a bore blaster tru-lock choke for me. Turned out great. Just purchased 250 rounds of Fiocchi ammo so i'll be shooting soon as the weather clears up.

Safety is by ProMag. I wanted something with more positive engagement with the thumb and this is much better than original. It's also steel.

Back