• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bumpstock today...two stage tomorrow..

I've got three kids all under 8, but I can tell you now that pushing college will not be a priority for me. I'm proud to say that my wife homeschools all of them, mainly because I couldn't imagine putting them through our current public education system. I don't look down on folks that do, but I'm lucky enough to be a position where my wife can stay at home to take care of the family while I'm the breadwinner (and we both find it funny she's the one with the $75,000 piece of paper). I'm coming up on 11 years in the Coast Guard and it was certainly the best decision I've made, but had my life gone a different direction I wish my parents would have pushed me into a vocational trade.

To add to the actual topic;)... I completely agree that bumpstocks are an idiotic accessory... but it's not MY place or the Gov't place to tell me or someone else they can't own that stupid piece of plastic, and just as Oli said... tomorrow it may be the Geissele SSA or the Magpul BAD lever because it makes firing and changing mags a little faster.

(oh... and I'm not dead either!)

~AK

My experiences in the public school system varried widely, and as an Air Force dependent I attended a lot of schools traveling around the country for 18 years.

I attended more schools after I became an adult but the most important thing I ever attended was the public library and bible school, (and now the internet) because self-education is the most important education.

My Outlook on the public school system is that it has deteriorated into babysitting. Teachers are wasting their school days trying to get people to be polite to each other and pay attention, because there is no parental responsibility in this matter.

Well the teachers of today are not the teachers of my youth I will still say that I find the most to be honorable people. Unfortunately they are hampered by both coming from and teaching a society of the poor and desperate.

The reports I hear of the number of homeless peoples flooding into San Francisco, (and California in general) --due to the welfare uberstate) are incredible, and once the word gets out & tourism falls off the map, the elitists who run our government behind the scenes are going to do something very ugly about those people.

They have to protect their real estate you know . . . it's nothing personal . . . just business.

I agree.

And I'm not complaining.

Looking back, there's not a lot that I would do different even if I had the chance.

While being a lineman was hard work, and dangerous work and there wasn't a day that went by I knew in the back of my head that I may not be coming home that night, my kids were always fed, clothed, safe and while they may not have everything they ever wanted, they had everything they needed.

That's just what a man does.

But I don't have to tell you guys that. You know what I'm talking about.

trade schools are under utilized . If more kids went to trade school....it would help America fill practical , core positions. A lot of people not native to this country occupy those positions. I don't have a problem with legal folks doing work here but thousands of Americans are "out of work" because what is available doesn't align with their degree and trade jobs go unfilled by the next generation making succession hard, making tradition hard.....

Whatever.

I stopped worrying about it.

Bastards banned yard jarts too if you haven't heard.

s-l640.jpg

Oh, the memories!! Our family played "Jarts" with a vengeance; looser was really shamed <grin>!! Sunday afternoon picnics in the park after church; a time gone "by, by." I think I still have a "Jarts" set somewhere in my storage "crap" from 45-50 years ago. Thanks for the memory!

onceamarine, I don't want to pry and if you don't want to answer, surely you don't have to, but do you by any chance happen to do any engraving on guns?

Reason I ask, I knew a guy on another forum, who's first name started with a "D" who went by the same screen name. I'm just curious if you're the same person. If not, no harm no foul. If you are, I would like to say it's good to hear from you again.

I have no use for a bump stock BUT ... bump stock today, pistol grips, mags ...... tomorrow. Get your foot in the door is the strategy

Back