• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Noticing a lot of pistol caliber carbines being sold

39018427890_c9ec91505e_k.jpg

25956812447_088886c441_k.jpg

The sickness has started again....

Andersen light weight slick upper, Andersen lower, Fortis 12" Night Rail, and got in the KAK Industry Adapter colt style mags

Looking very good so far.

I didn't even know that Anderson had a non-FA upper.

I don't recall who made my upper or where I bought it, but it's a slickside too. No FA or shell deflector variant.

9mm bolts don't have notches for the forward assist anyway.

ar9 001.JPG

Very good price.

You may also not have noticed in the picture above, but there are also two roll pins I installed through my mag block/magwell. This was to make the mag adapter semi-permanent. No risk of nothing moving around at the worst possible time with the way I have that set up. :thumbsup:

I'm all set to buy the new Ruger PCC in 9mm to go with my glock. (Wish someone made a new handgun in 38 super and carbine to go with it) I'd like to see the Ruger PCC in 10mm now you could hunt with it. I like the idea of a fast handling rifle for bugging out. Till I bought the MVP Scout my SKS was my bug out gun no scope but those iron sight work for me and I'm good to 150yds with it. I like the one mag fits all thing too with the ruger and glock.

I'm all set to buy the new Ruger PCC in 9mm to go with my glock. (Wish someone made a new handgun in 38 super and carbine to go with it) I'd like to see the Ruger PCC in 10mm now you could hunt with it. I like the idea of a fast handling rifle for bugging out. Till I bought the MVP Scout my SKS was my bug out gun no scope but those iron sight work for me and I'm good to 150yds with it. I like the one mag fits all thing too with the ruger and glock.

No LIF scum allowed.... :p

jk

If you want something in a specific caliber, I suggest look into building it yourself. More satisfying and you get exactly what you want.

If I was bugging out... I'd be carrying my 5.56 NATO rifle. If I was bugging out from a vehicle instead of humping on foot I'd probably add the 9mm converted Upper and guts too

39018427890_c9ec91505e_k.jpg

25956812447_088886c441_k.jpg

The sickness has started again....

Andersen light weight slick upper, Andersen lower, Fortis 12" Night Rail, and got in the KAK Industry Adapter colt style mags
I've read good reviews on the KAK mag adapters. Personal thoughts? I've been looking for the Anderson slick side upper, that's what I used on my first AR. I'll have to check aim.... I've bought ammo from them once, but I never think to check there when I'm parts shopping.

I've read good reviews on the KAK mag adapters. Personal thoughts? I've been looking for the Anderson slick side upper, that's what I used on my first AR. I'll have to check aim.... I've bought ammo from them once, but I never think to check there when I'm parts shopping.

Picked up KAK on a friend's recommendation. He's a RSO and shoots a lot. He likes it. When I build mine he will have a good amount through it. So I'll keep you updated

9mm bolts don't have notches for the forward assist anyway.

During the range day with the kids last week, I demonstrated the forward assist how and why it is on the AR-15 (with an empty case). I then pointed out the superfluousness of the FA on the PSA AR-9, whose bolt does not have FA "slots"... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I did it. I dropped a few pennies yesterday on the 9mm version of Beretta CX4 Storm.

I LIKE IT! :) I held a used specimen in a gun store about 9 months ago and it had a "nice" feel to it, despite its futuristic appearance. At $400, the urge to purchase was great, but I did not succumb... :cool:

Don't they make Glock and Beretta mag versions? Yours looks like the Glock version, correct? Do they limit you to 10rds up there?

No LIF scum allowed.... :p

jk
But we're the nice none judgemental guys AHE.

If you want something in a specific caliber, I suggest look into building it yourself. More satisfying and you get exactly what you want.

If I was bugging out... I'd be carrying my 5.56 NATO rifle. If I was bugging out from a vehicle instead of humping on foot I'd probably add the 9mm converted Upper and guts too
I've built a ton of ARs the problem is the mag wells no one makes a lower that will take a 10mm mag or 38 super mags

zzrguy, I'm holding my breath for the 10mm and 45acp Rugers. I don't even know if they are even in the works right now, but I think they would be good sellers nonetheless. I would have a difficult time choosing which to buy if they were both offered.

cmcdonald, your points are right along my feelings too. They're easy to carry, easy to shoot.

I typically like a simple red dot on my 9mm's, but if you want some zoom zoom, the bushnell 1.75-4 scope with circle x reticle is another of my favorites. Here you can find them between $75-$120.

In the low power magnification, you can get a fast bead on target, and our terrain and underbrush and overgrowth, I don't think you get very many "long shots" either unless you're shooting along power lines or roads. In that regard, I think we live and hunt in similar terrain.

I actually have 3 of those scopes mounted right now. One on my blackout Ar15 upper, another on my single shot 357 magnum, and the other is on my crossbow, which I took a nice doe with last year. They work well at the distances that I hunt.

The simmons pro diamond 1-5x32 shotgun scope is another good performer. Don't let the "shotgun scope" in the title fool you. They are right at home on pistol calibers too. I just like a low power scope where and how I hunt.

I LIKE IT! :) I held a used specimen in a gun store about 9 months ago and it had a "nice" feel to it, despite its futuristic appearance. At $400, the urge to purchase was great, but I did not succumb... :cool:

Don't they make Glock and Beretta mag versions? Yours looks like the Glock version, correct? Do they limit you to 10rds up there?
@Bobster ...this particular one uses the Beretta 92 mags, which are quite pricey up here 70-80 bucks each. I’m not aware of a Glock mag compatible version but I’ve been known to be wrong before...just ask my wife. On second thought, don’t bother...just take my word for it! LOL

To my knowledge the CX4 takes either Beretta 92 or px4 mags.

I only wish I could’ve bought this thing for $400....try almost triple that amount here.:(

I have some 92 mags, but they would probably try to extradite me if I tried to mail some of them to you.

I bought a few surplus M9 mags on the secondary market for about $12 each recently and they were still in the sealed baggies.

zzrguy, I'm holding my breath for the 10mm and 45acp Rugers. I don't even know if they are even in the works right now, but I think they would be good sellers nonetheless. I would have a difficult time choosing which to buy if they were both offered.

cmcdonald, your points are right along my feelings too. They're easy to carry, easy to shoot.

I typically like a simple red dot on my 9mm's, but if you want some zoom zoom, the bushnell 1.75-4 scope with circle x reticle is another of my favorites. Here you can find them between $75-$120.

In the low power magnification, you can get a fast bead on target, and our terrain and underbrush and overgrowth, I don't think you get very many "long shots" either unless you're shooting along power lines or roads. In that regard, I think we live and hunt in similar terrain.

I actually have 3 of those scopes mounted right now. One on my blackout Ar15 upper, another on my single shot 357 magnum, and the other is on my crossbow, which I took a nice doe with last year. They work well at the distances that I hunt.

The simmons pro diamond 1-5x32 shotgun scope is another good performer. Don't let the "shotgun scope" in the title fool you. They are right at home on pistol calibers too. I just like a low power scope where and how I hunt.
Thanks John...I’ll look at those ones. Some magnification would be nice to make identification more sure but no shots will likely happen over 100 yds anyway.

Yeah, you’re bang on for the terrain here. Easy long shots over 200 yds are rare here on the Southcoast of B.C. If you move up further north and east toward the centre of the southern interior you can find easier hiking and shooting.

Update, here may be a Mag option for you for $22 each. The mags are dimpled to prevent more than 10 rounds (I'm not sure what your laws are, it may be a terrible idea)

https://www.cdnnsports.com/92-9mm-10rd-mecgar.html#.WrFd22CG_cc

Yeah, I typically don't get more than 75 yard shots.

There are a few exceptions from strip mining where the mines bulldozed the area flat, and along some portions of logging roads, but 0-50 yards is normal.

Not a terrible idea at all John. But, I don’t think they’re allowed to ship north of the 49th.

If I get a chance, I’ll check out a gun show coming up in a couple weeks and who knows what I’ll find. Might find something used for a reasonable price.

Crappy thing is, we don’t have gun shows very often up here. Couple a year...that’s it.

We have a small local one here.

Most people want msrp prices for everything.

To my knowledge the CX4 takes either Beretta 92 or px4 mags.

I went and looked at the Beretta website and it ONLY takes Beretta mags. The guy in the gun store may have brainfart-blurted "Glock" mags, hence my confusion. Or maybe I was thinking the KelTec carbine... The new Ruger carbine will take Glock mags if you change the adapter...

You never mentioned: are you 10rds max in the magazines?

Back