• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just When You Thought People Can’t Possibly Get More Stupid......

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/poste...vilege-hits-nerve-with-some-parents-1.3835619

The fact that someone thought this was a good idea floors me. The fact it wasn’t spawned in the downtown of a big left leaning city is another disappointing aspect. These are folks well away from the big city.

What’s worse? This just hit a “nerve” with a few people??? Really??? If my kid attended one of those schools I’d be livid. I’d be looking to lawyer up and use the same channels they do to for racial discrimination. Hell, I’m pissed now and it’s got nothing to do with me!

I fear our children and grangchildren...

CMc, did you change your avatar because the Leaf embarrassed you? Or is it just that time of year?
Mostly cuz I felt like it...lol

However, the current “liberal” state of affairs here does cast a shadow over the ol’ maple leaf...but hopefully that will turn around next election.

There are fellas like ol’ Rex who still make sense....not a direct response to the above article but on the same subject.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...ite-privilege-is-simply-racism-ugly-and-angry

If there’s one thing I’ve learned...no matter where people come from, no matter what race, creed, color or religion; no one group and I mean NO ONE has the lock on stupidity.

And you guys can of course draw your own conclusions from the above articles. I will tell you that I was raised to hold no prejudices. I was raised to believe ALL men (and women) are created EQUAL. And I do believe that to be so.

What we do with what we’re given is up to us. And this MUST be in spite of what roadblocks or blessings may or may not be thrown into our path.

I am sorry that it is my opinion that our liberal indoctrinated societies have indeed turned a corner...I do not believe we will return...at least not in the iteration with which we have become familiar...these are scary times my friends.

Last edited:
The liberal indoctrination in the schools goes hand in hand with the liberal ideals that big government is the answer to everything. They know better than the parent and thus are justified in teaching kids what they think is moral and just. A parent like those on here will be all over that but sadly many are not and the brainwashing continues. Don't forget Hillary's book "It Takes A Village" about child raising.

By the way I apologize for the fact that my ancestors were able to slay Stone-Age-Culture peoples with ease, because the unfortunate creatures had not Advanced technologically to the point where they could create weapons more viable than the stone tipped arrow and spear.

As matter of fact, I apologize for the fact that they basically sacked and destroyed the Roman Empire.

And I apologize for the fact that we have created the most powerful and greatest nation that the Earth has ever seen.

We should have all just kicked back with a bowl of beer and said, "screw it! Let's just hang out and wait for the Africans to invent lightbulbs and telephones and penicillin."

It's strange that quite a lot of "Stone Age" points, blades and axes show some really good craftsmanship.
The extremely early and the late Stone Age not so much....... this is based on Central and North American native points

I have a stone arrowhead sitting on my reloading bench to remind me that we weren't the first, and we won't be the last. ;)

There was very fine craftsmanship throughout the ages in various parts of the new world.

And those Stone tip weapons were deadly enough for thousands of years.

But when the age of industry came along, the ancient cultures were pretty-much a lost cause.

I have to ask myself that if the shoe were on the other foot would we have fared any better than the Native Americans?

Lots of apologists would like to say yes but I don't buy it. It was a dog-eat-dog world then, and not a lot has changed.

But when the age of industry came along, the ancient cultures were pretty-much a lost cause.
I have to ask myself that if the shoe were on the other foot would we have fared any better than the Native Americans?
My thesis was that success belonged to those who learned to throw the most metal: fastest and farthest and first is the winner.

Yeah but we got to quit wasting all this metal.

Have you ever read the Robert Heinlein tale where they're dropping rocks on people from a lunar base and they can hit any city on earth?

You really don't need nukes to make a big hole in the ground. A small man-made meteor would do the trick.

That can actually be done quiet easily.

They already have smart bombs (literally guided bombs) that are accurate down to a few meters.

Dropped from extremely high altitudes and even from space, they don't even have to have conventional warheads attached. The inertia alone can penetrate very deeply even through many layers of reinforced concrete.

Have you ever read the Robert Heinlein tale where they're dropping rocks on people from a lunar base and they can hit any city on earth?

Yes. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (1966) Heinlein
Thank you for the reminder. I just reserved it from my library so I can read it again.

See Also: The World Set Free by H. G. Wells
This was the first document the words Atomic Bomb were written. Although the mechanism described is different from our fusion devices, Wells was on the the right track back in 1913.

Thank you for the reminder. I just reserved it from my library so I can read it again.

This was the first document the words Atomic Bomb were written. Although the mechanism described is different from our fusion devices, Wells was on the the right track back in 1913.

I'll go look for it today....

They are called KINETIC weapons, add acceleration and a little mass you can achieve the effects of a high yield nuke without the nasty radiation.
A few well placed could wipe out most life on a planet with the dust kicked up into the atmosphere.
Could also be used for terraforming

If you can find a copy read The Past Through Tomorrow. It's an anthology where they put Robert Heinlein's shorter tales in a historical chronology. It's a lot more fun to read them in that order and the Moon is a Harsh Mistress is of course included

White privilege ? We have had affirmative action in place for most of my adult life in the US. How many young white males have been passed over for jobs that they were the most qualified for just so a box could be checked over the past 40 years. It started out as mostly a government idea, then moved into the private sector when the PC train got out of the station.

It has gotten to the place that being the most qualified candidate for a job is behind diversity needs.

Back