• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

4X4 Box Magazine

4X4.3006

Copper BB
Have a 2010 Mossberg 4X4 in .3006. Having trouble with rounds feeding out of the magazine into firing position. I usually start with a closed bolt, load magazine with four rounds into place. It is fully inserted, locked into place. the first round loads no problem, second and third round will sometimes cycle, sometimes not. Fourth round almost never goes into firing position. the magazine clearly lacks the AR-15 style anti-tilt follower which I think would help a lot. I do see the follower tilt during cycling the rounds into firing position. I am using Remington 180 grain core lokt. the bolt seems to push the round off at an angle and its getting stuck somewhere. the lead tip does deform during this process. Anyone have/had this problem? any solutions? I did call Mossberg, they want to sell me a new magazine, but state it has not been improved since 2010. don't see the use of buying the same mag again. I bought the gun used, don't know if its been a problem since new, I usually load a single round at a time at the range, its dead on. Hunting is a different story and I would like this fixed. thank you in advance for your help with this.

I was able to figure it out myself.
Spend enough time working a problem and sometimes the solution presents itself.
Very slow cycling of the bolt feeds rounds with no problems.
Just don't let the excitement of hunting get you too fired up when you cycle the next round.
Hope this helps someone else out that may have the same problem.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

Back