• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Rip, he is a 10 year old sheltie. He tore his right rear achilles tendon last fall. He had surgery December 13th. He has been in and out of a cast/brace since. Hopefully he won't need another surgery. Today the vet is making a custom brace to see if he can get that leg back to full strength. He does not seem to be in pain as he is as happy as ever. He certainly has not lost his appetite as he is about 10 pounds overweight. I'm sure that is not helping the situation either.

We first noticed a limp ourselves, thought it was a minor injury, but it just kept getting worse over a couple of weeks. I hope the vet can help you and her.

The air museum sounds like a fun trip. I have been to a few over the years. Always enjoy going. It seems like I never have enough time as there is so much to see.

Enjoy the day.

Good Saturday morning MOers. Cloudy and chilly (43) this morning . The weekend does not look all that good weatherwise, on the other hand I am still here.

We are going to drive up to the lake later today and spend the night there. We haven't been there since October. We'll just check out things and see what kind of supplies we need to take up the next time.

The dog got a new brace for his hind leg. It is smaller and we can take it off of him at night. He seems to be making progress.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Good Morning MO's!!

Been busy for a while but trying to get back into things.

Good morning friends of Mossberg. We drove up to the lake yesterday. It's not a nice day. Cloudy,windy, and 32. The high yesterday was 45 and windy. We'll drive back to Tulsa today.

Morning Mike. Good to have you back.I hope the weather is better for you.

Ya'll have yourselves a great day.

Good morning MOers. The sun in shining in Tulsa this morning. 35 degrees and no wind to speak of. It looks like a nice week shaping up for us.

Have a great day and be safe.

Here I am. It's 40 and raining cats n dogs outside. SWMBO went shopping on Sunday at the furniture store. She got 2 recliners for a decent price. But the kicker was the recliner sectional that was in the scratch n dent room. It was just a one arm side of the couch. so you can see where it would attach to the other part down below. I'll make a small end table for it and attach it to that side, it'll look good as new when it's done. Hopefully even better.

Rip, he is a 10 year old sheltie. He tore his right rear achilles tendon last fall. He had surgery December 13th. He has been in and out of a cast/brace since. Hopefully he won't need another surgery. Today the vet is making a custom brace to see if he can get that leg back to full strength. He does not seem to be in pain as he is as happy as ever. He certainly has not lost his appetite as he is about 10 pounds overweight. I'm sure that is not helping the situation either.

We first noticed a limp ourselves, thought it was a minor injury, but it just kept getting worse over a couple of weeks. I hope the vet can help you and her.

oh man, that's got to hurt. How long does he need to stay in the cast/brace?
My dog is an austrailian kelpie mix. a herding dog. so she needs exercise. she usually has the after dinner spaz out sprint around the yard for a few laps, then she's good. But it's been too cold for that lately....so she does it in the house. I'm surprised she hasn't twisted he leg all ready....crazy dog.

The air museum sounds like a fun trip. I have been to a few over the years. Always enjoy going. It seems like I never have enough time as there is so much to see.

Enjoy the day.

We had a great time at the museum. I let the grandkid use my old 6 mp camera. He took 131 photos! Funny, he tried to pinch zoom on the screen when I first gave it to him. I laughed a good one. A bunch of the pics were of the floor, shoes, legs, walls and stuff. It took a little while before he got the grasp of waiting till the flash had stopped before he could move. So a bunch of the pics are in the circular file...

Good morning MOers. Sunny skies this morning and 58 with a light breeze out of the south. It is forecast to be 81 this afternoon.

Rip, actually he has not acted like he had much pain at all, just limped badly. I think he is finally getting his strength back, at least he is getting around better. He likes to run as well. I don't think he'll be chasing birds or balls much anymore though.

I have had the pleasure of visiting the Air Force museum in Dayton several times over the years and always enjoyed it. I used to go to smaller aviation museums as well, but not so much anymore. It's always fun to take the grand kids to see new things.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning. It' a beauty of a day in Tulsa. Clear skies and no wind with a temp of 60. The high today should be low 70s.

Have a great day and be safe.

mornin mo peeps...
It snowed last night. But it's gone this morning. Now it's just raining. I'm going to get soaked today. I have to go to the dump. The garbage can is full.

I started making a wooden mallet this week. Didn't go too well. Bandsaw blade guide bearings crapped out. So I used a handsaw to cut some blocks of cherry and sugar maple.
the cherry came out boring, and the maple looked great. until it dried. Now it's all cracked to hell. I don't think I can save it either...back to square one...

Good morning MOers. 49 and sunny with a light northerly breeze. The high today should be mid to high 60s.

Not much going on today for me. A trip to the grocery is the only official thing on my list. I might stop by Academy and see if they have any .22 birdshot for my revolver. Who knows what else I might find there.

Rip that sucks about your bandsaw. That seems to always happen at the most inopportune times.

You all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg friends. Partly cloudy and 44 this morning with light winds out of the southeast. The weather girl says rain tonight into tomorrow. Perhaps an inch or so and maybe even more out west. They really need rain to the west of us . It seems as if the whole western half of the state has been on fire for a week now.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning?

I haven't slept in 3 years. I have tendinitis in both elbows, I'm teaching clinch drills tonight in MMA, my daughter was constipated off and on for 2 years, and got over viral pneumonia, in trying to manage my family on one income, bills suck and health insurance is the devil, and my wife went full vegan 8 months ago.

Other than that.

Party on Wayne.

Good evening folks.

The weather here has been beautiful but it was really cool at the beginning of this week and not a lot got done on the house and yard.

I'm trying to consolidate my aquariums and get things moved around so that we can start remodeling the house. I got my 30 gallon Aquarium tuned up fairly well after the awful overflow debacle.

Inspired by that success, I decided to set up a sump on my 55 gallon aquarium. This was always the plan of course, but I was going to wait until after the remodeling. It turned out to be a big headache to get this thing up and tuned and running right and I lost a lot of sleep over the past 3 days. I rebuilt the overflow system three times before I realized that I had a more basic problem I was not solving.

In the end I had a very efficient system that moves a lot of water, holds a lot of biological media, and runs very quietly.

It also takes a very little real estate in my tank which is nice. Anyhow the white pipe inside the tank is my overflow catch, and it's connected by a clear plastic U-siphon to the black outside pipe, which is the Overflow basin.
1524194809921.jpg
That Basin drains to the sump through a very short piece of blue and black pool sweep hose. I'm using the same size 10 gallon sump and the same size pool sweep hose and the same size pump, on the sump for my 30-gallon tank. Yet, due to careful porting and planning, the one on my 55 gallon tank flows nearly twice as much water
1524194753091.jpg
Prototype overflow system for the 55 gallon tank.
1524070905669.jpg
This was not a real success, as the whole business was not steady enough.
20180419_221829_resized_1.jpg
The flow rate was terrific but I had to choke it off a lot to prevent noise. Also it could tip a little bit under certain conditions. Just a little movement in a four foot long tank can cause quite a bit of extra water to go down the drain.

In the end I was successful but there was a lot of stress involved in getting there.

We have been having meetings with contractors and looking at products, making sketches and discussing what we're going to do with our house.

After a lot of meetings we finally selected the contractor & went out selecting floors and countertops and cabinets and sinks. We still have to pick paint and baseboards and a few little bits.

Anyhow between all this business and my lack of sleep I have not had much time to think about the Mossberg's. I did see a Ruger Mini-14 on sale at Davidson's today that I would like to buy because it's 300 Blackout. If it did had the wooden stock I would have fell for it but because it had the plastic stock I passed.

Good morning?

I haven't slept in 3 years. I have tendinitis in both elbows, I'm teaching clinch drills tonight in MMA, my daughter was constipated off and on for 2 years, and got over viral pneumonia, in trying to manage my family on one income, bills suck and health insurance is the devil, and my wife went full vegan 8 months ago.

Other than that.

Party on Wayne.
Poor bastard...might as well pack it in now pal...it just gets worse from here. I think your only hope is to go join Old Mossy for drinks on the beach.

Seriously though...it’ll get better man. Always darkest befo...ahh screw it you get my point.

Mornin....where is everyone else? Just meanstreak and I ? ...

where are you guys!!

Thanx for checking, Rip.

I didn't die yet.
I'll let you know quick when I do.

I gotta go back to bed now and get one more hour of sleep. Then I'm off to a high school to set up force-on-force training for active-shooter-in-school scenarios.

Good Morning, Mossies.

Last edited:
Back