• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New to Jm pro

Blender345

Copper BB
Hey guys picked up a JM Pro yesterday and also received OR3GUN handguard retainer and marine buffer. Not sure if I should run the gun stock and break it in or are these worth installing right away? I bought the Teflon marine buffer which I believe has the same weight as stock. Thanks. Also any other things you recommend please let me know.

We always recommend running a couple of boxes through the stock gun to verify everything hangs together from the factory. That first cleaning is a good time to check for any oddities and swap things out while you're doing the basic clean of the gas system.

Thanks!

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

JM-PRO is a great gun & OR3GUN makes a lot of quality products that fit & finish are first class & what they sell works to make the gun perform as it should

Congrats! I am picking mine up Monday and since I paid for it already they let me use it at the range. I’ve put 150 rounds of Rem #6 1oz shots though it with only one FTE during the first 50 rounds. No issues since. The shop also gave it some lube before I fired it. Guess it beats transporting it home for now but I can’t wait to get it home to inspect the insides. Want to really see where the moisture is building up before I look into a Or3Gun marine spacer. Awaiting a follower and Extended end cap from SBE so those will be swapped out during the cleaning/polishing. Elevator ordered from mossberg to send off to C-rums, and more goodies en route. I wanted to get the new piston SBE has but first I want to see how the stock one performs.

IMHO put more rounds thru it and see how it goes. Then adjust from there. In my experience so far I am having one issue:

My JM 24” is only holding 8 in the tube (hence the SBE follower ordered), so first thing is check the spring, extension connections, polish the tube, and swap out the follower. Very light on corrosion x on everything for a coat. Wipe everything down again with a dry cloth and reassemble. Should be fun and looking forward to putting this baby though it’s tests. Plan on joining some local comps.

Back