• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Springfield Saint Pistol

Congratulations. I believe you may find one or two of us here that may recognize something like that.

My first SBR back in 2004 had an 8.5" 556x45 barrel on it.

Those arm braces sure are handy, do you happen to know the manufacture of that one. I just finished up a braced 9mm AR pistol. It's now one of my favorite firearms. I'm really thinking about building a 300 BLK upper in 10.5 to go with it.

Those arm braces sure are handy, do you happen to know the manufacture of that one. I just finished up a braced 9mm AR pistol. It's now one of my favorite firearms. I'm really thinking about building a 300 BLK upper in 10.5 to go with it.

The brace is made by SB Tactical.
I would like a 300 BLK also.

The 300 what'cha'ma'call-it is a pretty decent round. Least for what I use it for.

The 300 what'cha'ma'call-it is a pretty decent round. Least for what I use it for.
Not to stray to far off topic, but I watched a YouTube video discussing differences, and similarities of 300 blackout, with 7.62x39. Both very good rounds, for a variety of purposes. Of course John I know you have a love for both. Just throwing out there that I hadn't really seen a head to head comparison of the two.

Supersonic blackout and 7.62x39 are very similar in size, weight, velocity, ballistics.

Though the x39 is 1/3 of the cost so it certainly gets the nod there.

For the hand loader, blackout has a lot more bullet options in both type and weight and intended purpose.

Where suppressed/subsonic ammo is concerned, with the right powder and bullet combo, the 194 gr Lehigh max expansion copper bullet is probably the most awesome HD/SD round that I know of. I keep mine loaded to about 1075 fps just because I can to squeeze as much as I can out of it.

While the Lehigh bullets are about $1.25 cents each, and are obviously not plinking ammo, they are what I have on hand for emergencies.

This video is probably a little more interesting. Start about 7:15

John, that 194 gr Lehigh has a nasty expansion.
Can you recommend a 300 BLK pistol upper for my .556 pistol lower. I assume that would be legal.

Yes, you can use any pistol length upper on any handgun receiver. Least with federal laws. Some state laws are a little weird though.

If you're not running a suppressor, an 8.5" barrel are more convenient for pistols.

If you're running a suppressor, it is my opinion that the 10" or 10 1/2" barrels work a little better for that.

It would be easier for me to mention which brand would be better to avoid.

Bear creek arsenal

Nice transition from the shockwave.. I'm starting to notice a pattern of short and stout with you. LOL

Last edited:
For my birthday, my wife gave me a Geissele SD-E two stage trigger for the Saint Pistol. It's 2.3# on 1st stage and 1.2# on 2nd stage. Installation was straight forward, and I like it a lot. It's kinda pricey, but, what the heck. It came with a lot of swag too.

They make quality parts. This is one of those "money well spent" deals.

Back