• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Springfield Severs Ties With Dick's

Rico

20g
Supporter

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.
This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.
It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.

It’s amazing how this happens time and again. Businesses or politicians looking to ride a popular sentiment think that jumping on the bandwagon is such a great idea...however, they are truly out of touch with who their clients or constituents are and they blunder...like epic blunder.

It would be sad if it were truly the right thing to do, but also sadly these people don’t actually care about what’s right. They care about themselves and trying to expose an opportunity to profit.

This may indeed kill Dicks for good. And if it does...I’ll be glad for it. It will be interesting to see how they fare financially over the next year.

LOL

Every time I went to Dick's Sporting Goods I really felt unwelcome. That's because they never had enough people there to wait on their customers.

I spent a lot of time standing around & waiting around, trying to buy things. The knowledge of the staff was generally mediocre to poor in regards to exactly what they carried in stock, and generally poor to miserable regarding firearm accessories.

When you say the name "Weaver" and the guy behind the Firearms counter gives you a Blank Stare, you got to figure that his last job was probably selling cantaloupe.

l9pQr3K.jpg

ck4xcSX.jpg

Does Dick's prevent customers from carrying concealed in their stores? Are there any signs on their doors banning CCW? I'm just wondering how far they have gone with their anti-gun policy.

Didn't want to start another thread, but Mossberg also severed dicks.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018/05/09/mossberg-terminates-relationship-dicks-sporting-goods/

Mossberg Terminates Relationship With Dick’s Sporting Goods

Effective immediately, O.F. Mossberg & Sons will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream

Consumers are urged to visit one of the thousands of pro-Second Amendment firearm retailers to make their purchases of Mossberg and Maverick® firearms. Firearm retailers can be found through the Mossberg Dealer Locator by visiting http://www.mossberg.com/dealers/.”

Didn't want to start another thread, but Mossberg also severed dicks.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2018/05/09/mossberg-terminates-relationship-dicks-sporting-goods/

Mossberg Terminates Relationship With Dick’s Sporting Goods

Effective immediately, O.F. Mossberg & Sons will not accept any future orders from Dick’s Sporting Goods or Field & Stream

Consumers are urged to visit one of the thousands of pro-Second Amendment firearm retailers to make their purchases of Mossberg and Maverick® firearms. Firearm retailers can be found through the Mossberg Dealer Locator by visiting http://www.mossberg.com/dealers/.”

Didnt see this, I just posted about this in the other Dick's thread. ;-D

I'm glad to see Mossberg take up the battle. Now people need to cancel Field and Stream magazine subscriptions, and other sport enthusiasts like golfers, boaters, fishermen, runners, etc. that enjoy guns, should stop shopping at Dick's. Stockholders of DKS could start selling and cause even more grief for the company.
MikeD, I haven't see the other Dick's thread, but I will look for it now.

Back