• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Look what happened to my 88 goose gun

Good job on the modifications...

Yankee ingenuity at it's best !!

Re: Look what happened to my 88 goose gun

That certainly came a long way from being a goose gun!

Re: Got my first shotgun today!

wooo! reminds me of an old 80's song...the lady wore black.... very nice glg2....

Maverick 88 Home and Yard defense (More)pics

I revisited my Maverick 88 today. I'm still not totally happy having the ATI folder. I went to work with the die grinder again and opened up the cavity to close over the Aimtech saddle rail and ground on the closed stop. Now it lays flat in the closed position. That's a nice improvement just from the stand point of cosmetics. It didn't make any difference in the performance.

The laser, I wish I had a better quality and it was more visible in bright light but it will do for now because most of the time when I go for it, it's because something went bump in the night or the kennel where something has upset Gus and Lilly. That's my two lap dogs, registered AKC Bulldogs.
Those guys have it made. Well fed, watered and an evaporative cooler for this scorching heat we have endured for so long.

The light is plenty bright and perfect for what I need here at the Kat Ranch. I call it the Kat Ranch because of my Rat Terrier named Miss Kittie and all we have produced here are a lot of cats from Smelly Kat, a 26 pound calico long hair to all our Maine Coon cats. They are all great at getting critters.

Re: Maverick 88 Home and Yard defense pics

Just a few more pics.

I use the Aimtech saddle rail for a quick point or 2 power scope.

Attachments

• 88_laser Light_right.JPG
    88_laser Light_right.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 1,701
  • 88_rail_left.JPG
    88_rail_left.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 1,700
  • 88_rail_right.JPG
    88_rail_right.JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 1,699

Looking good! That setup is coming along nicely. I liked the concept of the top folder but it is not the most enjoyable stock to shoot.

You have that right. The only advantage is it takes up less space in confined areas. There is no comparison to the Knoxx on my 835. This 88 has put a few blisters and bruises on me but since I cleaned up the rough edges, it's not as bad as it was.

Re: Maverick 88 Home and Yard defense (More)pics

Some pics of latest mods.

Will be replacing the ATI top folder with a Knoxx Blackhawk Spec-Ops RRS and rifled barrel and replace the quick point with a scope. I'll keep the light and laser.

Attachments

• 88_bipod_1.JPG
    88_bipod_1.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,624
  • 88_bipod_3.JPG
    88_bipod_3.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,626

The original swivel mount for the bi-pod was a P.O.S. single screw that refused to clamp to the tri-rail. The new one fits better than a glove.

Attachments

• 88_bipod_5.JPG
    88_bipod_5.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,614

I havent seen a bipod on a shotgun before

As soon as I get my rifled barrels, I plan to put to work some 12 GA. 3" SUPREME ELITE™ XP3™ SABOT SHOTGUN SLUGS. Needs to be sighted in at 100 yards.

DISTANCE VELOCITY ENERGY TRAJECTORY
(YDS) (FPS) (FT.LBS.)
Muzzle 2100 2937
25 -0.2
50 1898 2398 0.5
75 0.6
100 1708 1944 0
125 1619 1746 -1.3
150 3.5
175 6.5

Until then I have been using some 12 GA. 2-3/4" SUPREME® PLATINUM TIP™ HOLLOW POINT SLUG

DISTANCE VELOCITY ENERGY TRAJECTORY
(YDS) (FPS) (FT.LBS.)
Muzzle 1700 2566
25 .2
50 1554 2144 1.1
75 1.0
100 1420 1791 0.0
125 1359 1640 -2.1
150 -5.4

Using it for large game, wild hogs, predators and varmints. A little more stability and not near so tiring as waiting for them to rear their ugly heads. I know I should be thinking about using something like a 30-06 but I don't want to have to worry about something down range that I can't see.

sounds like a mean slug

I have yet to see a bi-pod on a shotgun too till now, but I'm diggin it! Those sabots look sweet, never gonna get just 6.5" of drop at 175 yards from a rifled slug!

Easy to remove the bipod. I was thinking of getting yet a taller one to use in a prone or sitting position. One that might scope to as much as 24 or 27 inches. I put a swivel mount on the tri-rail on my 835. It doubles as a sling mount and a place I can attach the bipod. Next comes a Pelican case to hold my shotguns and accessories for transport.

Maverick 88 dipped with Ammo-Head Hydrographics!

We are pretty stoked about the way this turned out!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvkrBGxkW3w[/youtube]

Re: Maverick 88 dipped with Ammo-Head Hydrographics!

Really nice design...even looked good on the skull !!

Good luck here on the board !!

Tell whoever made that video it was a job well done. I hate looking at low quality, bad lighting, bad volume youtube vids. The Mav 88 video did a great job showing your awesome quality.

Looking good Doyle!

megawatt said:
Tell whoever made that video it was a job well done. I hate looking at low quality, bad lighting, bad volume youtube vids. The Mav 88 video did a great job showing your awesome quality.

Hey thanks Megawatt! ;) We put alot of thought into it! We will have action vids coming to help explain all we do! OOOH and not to mention a new website! ...kinda excited :mrgreen:

Back