• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stock swivel mount?

GaryNH

Copper BB
I just received a new 88 18.5"/28" combo setup. I've ordered a swivel stud for the magazine tube. But, the synthetic stock has a quick mount location molded into the stock. Is this sturdy enough or do i need to replace that with a screw-in stud mount?

Thanks!

Gary

I would expect the swivel stud molded into the stock to be plenty strong enough to use as-is. Put the sling on it and muscle it around a bit t see if it flexes or seems weak in any way. I haven't read of any issues with them and most people are satisfied with their Maverick 88's. I personally would not put a screw in stud without checking the existing setup.

I just received a new 88 18.5"/28" combo setup. I've ordered a swivel stud for the magazine tube. But, the synthetic stock has a quick mount location molded into the stock. Is this sturdy enough or do i need to replace that with a screw-in stud mount?

Thanks!

Gary
I need that part number/ source if at all possible. Wasted about 50 bucks buying mounts like an idiot

Back