• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mountain lions, and bears, oh my !

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Well, despite that the government in their ultimate wisdom has declared eastern puma (mountain lions) extinct, more keep showing up.

Bunch more sightings in northeastern Tennessee too. Especially around Cades Cove.

But this one between the metropolitan areas between Lexington and Louisville.

In case of an emergency, please call 911.

http://www.lex18.com/story/38207107...al-mountain-lion-sighting#.Wv1vT0AK2UQ.mailto

you're going to start finding entire deer carcasses in the tree canopies ......and whatever you do, don't run ......if one takes interest in you, you will have no choice but to kill it . Because it will kill you. We get them stalking people on fires at night . Fires that are caught and being mopped up all night . Last year one had to be shot because it was following around the IR crew that works at night.......you'll wish you had more bears instead.

couple years ago one of my buddies was packing an elk quarter and one took interest in him.......he eventually threw the meat down . He kept going and when the cat didn't take interest in the elk and kept following him , he killed it .
Dogs are the only hope to hunt them , unless you get a chance encounter or one is straight stalking you . Dont be near it when you shoot it , they don't go quiet.......ever

Yeah, we've seen some things like that.

While it may look eye level in the picture, the bottom of the tree was way below the edge of the road that Mike was standing on when he snapped the picture.

impaled coyote 001.jpg

big coyote I think. Maybe Coywolf.

More people, more intrusion into their domain. It always amazes me, the same people that are so concerned about wildlife are also the ones that want to let anyone and everyone into this country.

That is wisdom well beyond your years meany.

We haven't seen many cats but on occasion coyotes and varmints come into the edge of town here.

They usually get shoo'd away or shot without much fuss.

But varmint hunting has been way down in this area, and I know there's going to be a big herd of pigs and varmints in the canyons up north of here this year.

Yeah, we've seen some things like that.

While it may look eye level in the picture, the bottom of the tree was way below the edge of the road that Mike was standing on when he snapped the picture.

View attachment 18394
some dude did that , no room for a cat on that dead stick, I'm talking 40 feet up in the canopy

Maybe got hit by a truck and flew off the side of the mountain Landing in a tree?

Back