• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Your hand isn't trapped in there any more than your weak hand is trapped in the factory forend strap. But it can certainly help shooters control the recoil, and stay on target. Strap or no strap, if you have to reload a shotgun in a defensive situation, you are probably already screwed. But 99.9% of Shockwave users aren't going to be in that situation 100% of the time.

Ouch, math......99.9, 100......LOL

I call it The Heisenberg.

I am the one who knocks

Heisenberg.jpg

Chris Baker @ Lucky Gunner is not a fan of the SW....oh well, this is America and he is entitled to be mostly wrong!
1f603.png

When the Mossberg Shockwave was first introduced last year, I thought it looked like a completely useless gimmick. But now that I’ve run a few hundred shells through one, I would like to upgrade its status to mostly useless. -Chris Baker

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/the-mossberg-shockwave-is-mostly-useless/
I like watching the lucky gunner youtube channel and he's entitled to his opinion. At Least Mrgunsngear likes his shockwave.

Firing the Shockwave down a hallway would not be that hard to hit an intruder shooting from the waist ;)

The best I can figure is I can get off 4 shots of buckshot in about .05 and the video is .07.....I`m thinking that the SW can be a viable weapon for HD.

102_8599.JPG

And just for grins, I punched a hole in a playing card from 14ft with some Federal LE buckshot.....

102_8601.jpg

Suprema 2 3/4" 9 pellet 00 - about $10 for a box of 25 at Walmart....These are a bit of handful out of the SW for me but they hit hard and pattern well. I was getting about a 2 3/4" spread at 14` and I ran 9 as fast as I could off hand and put all on paper at 8" X 14"....a lot of bang for the buck!

102_8611.JPG

102_8609.JPG

A little Friday fun with the SW and some Federal 7 1/2 shot....
Normally I prefer a buckshot load of some sort, #4 usually being the lightest but for those who are recoil sensitive this load might be an option in close quarters (0 to 21ft). The picture below is typical of my results, 4 from 14ft as fast as I can get them off (about 5 seconds).

102_8671.JPG

102_8674.JPG

For a little Friday fun I ran some Winchester PDX (3 pellet 00 buckshot and a 1 oz slug) through the SW...nothing fancy, I just hung a sheet of poster board (22"X28") and poked some holes in it....at 14ft the buckshot would triangulate in a 3" pattern around the slug making for a nasty entry wound and those slugs are soft so they flatten out nicely! I was surprised how soft they fired out of the SW, so if you can afford the $1.40 per shell cost, these are a viable HD shell.....SW grip By Justin Potts https://www.facebook.com/pottsstippling/

102_8742.JPG

W buck and ball.JPG

Back