• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Kommunism komes to Kalifornia

They always say the money will come from somewhere else but all paths lead back to the taxpayers wallet.

They sold the lottery here years ago when they said profits would go to the schools. What they didnt say was that the money already going to the schools would then be funnelled off somewhere else.

Whenever they promise that money from new taxes there is always a bait and switch going on. Its just an excuse for them to redirect existing money while appearing to augment said project often leaving the project with less funding than it originally had.

I really wish the politicians would be held accountable but the reality is that all they have to do is appear to be helping those in need and they will continually get reelected. Its always the other parties fault that their promises fell flat. The amazing thing is that so much of the voting public is in denial or just flat out doesnt see it.

My favorite politicians line, "when I get elected I'm going to...", the more they change things the more things stay the same.

The thing a lot of freshman politicians do not realize is the enormous amount of power wielded by people with large sums of cash.

Good intentions usually turn to crap once the tourniquets of financial political and social pressure are applied to the uncooperative electorate.

Given enough money you can manipulate the public as well. Once you have the two working against each other you can pretty much insure the status quo.

About 4 years back California passed a law that reduced criminal penalties for a whole raft of minor crimes including theft burglary drug possession auto theft & break-ins.

This was the governor's solution to the problem that prison costs were out of control. Just put fewer of the criminals in jail!

Well evidently that hasn't affected violent crimes because those penalties were not reduced, but the rates are going up for a whole host of minor and annoying crimes.
From the AP, Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:16 AM
SACRAMENTO, Calif.

California voters' decision to reduce penalties for drug and property crimes in 2014 contributed to a jump in car burglaries, shoplifting and other theft, researchers reported.

Larcenies increased about 9 percent by 2016, or about 135 more thefts per 100,000 residents than if tougher penalties had remained, according to results of a study by the nonpartisan Public Policy Institute of California released Tuesday.

Thefts from motor vehicles accounted for about three-quarters of the increase. San Francisco alone recorded more than 30,000 auto burglaries last year, which authorities largely blamed on gangs. Shoplifting may be leveling off, researchers found, but there is no sign of a decline in thefts from vehicles.

Proposition 47 lowered criminal sentences for drug possession, theft, shoplifting, identity theft, receiving stolen property, writing bad checks and check forgery from felonies that can bring prison terms to misdemeanors that often bring minimal jail sentences. . . .
Morgan Hill Police Chief David Swing, president of the California Police Chiefs Association, said researchers' findings "are consistent with what police chiefs across the state have seen since 2014" and show the need for a proposed initiative intended for the November ballot that would partly roll back the 2014 law.

It would allow prison sentences for serial thieves, reinstate DNA collections from those convicted of the crimes where penalties were reduced, and bar the earlier release of criminals convicted of additional violent, serious and sexual crimes.

Apparently, there have been enough signatures to support breaking up the state of California into 3 separate states which will be on Novembers ballot.

uFxtxRll.png

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-california-split-three-states-20180612-story.html

Where California now has two seats in the 100-person U.S. Senate, the three states would have six seats in a 104-member chamber. That would dilute the power of other states and increase the power of what used to be a single state if its six senators banded together on various issues.

They're breaking the state apart because people can't band together now on the issues.

Tech people want one thing, Hollywood people want another, and the farmers want something else.

Instead of diluting the other states, all they're doing is reducing California's importance to the nation, and tripling the administrative costs of government.

We are all stronger together, but not if the tail is leading the Donkey over the edge. The donkey has to use his brain and look where it's going.

I've heard many people say how impossible it is to do certain things in this world. When politicians tell you that certain things are impossible, all that means is that they are impossible as long as those politicians want to keep their jobs.

Nothing the American people want from our government is impossible to deliver, unless they are made to desire The Impossible Above All Else.

Men becoming women and women becoming men and Muslims taking over the Christian world or a pact between the United States and North Korea are all impossibilities.

Until they are not.

All of this stuff hit the paper today because they're trying to distract everybody from the fact that Donald Trump has done something no American president has been able to do for 60 yearss. I can't believe that the Fresno paper buried the summit photos on page 8 and put a huge puff piece on the front page.

Then they ran big editorial pieces telling everybody that Trump hasn't done anything and really he gave North Korea everything and got nothing , and if this ever does really turn out to be something good then all the groundwork was done by the Obamas and the Democrats and Trump was just a lucky figurehead in the previously well-planned and ongoing process.

One you'll never hear about again once things start going really right in North Korea.

Trump knows that the bored rich people of the world are all looking for some place New to go, so they can impress all their rich friends, and in a few years he'll be able to help North Korea build fancy new hotels over former artillery emplacements.

Trump can do whatever he wants because he doesn't care if he gets elected again. He doesn't need the job and he doesn't need the money and if he and Kim play their cards together they'll be two of the richest man in the world henceforth.

3 California's instead of one. Hmmmmm, not sure I like that idea. Of course it could be 3X as bad, or one third...

Don't like the idea of them getting 6 sens instead of 2.

Notice how they want to redistrict the state.

They could've split it right down the midde, quartered it up equally.

Eeny meenie miney moe.

Nope.

They wanted their 3 largest cities in each of the 3 states so they will try to maintain enough dem votes over the surrounding areas.

Again, the democrats are masters at districting and re-districting to maintain a monopoly of solid democrat voters.

The Democrats see that their power is slipping through their fingers and this is a sad attempt to retain it at all costs.

3141-counties-trump-won.jpg

I don't think they will be allowed to get away with gerrymandering the state however they want it.

People want it broken up because they have different ideas in different parts of the state and they want different representation.

I see this is a real Hail Mary because I am amazed at how much Mana the Democrats lost in the recent primary election, how much money they spent, and how they split their own party down the middle.

Villaraigossa did not get the expected turnout of Mexican voters. The white people will tell you it's because of Mexican apathy, but when I speak to Mexican people they all tell me that he might be Mexican but he does not represent them. They say he represents the wealthy legal establishment.

I don't think they can really decide within their own party how to split up California should that come to pass under a Democrat controlled government.

Anyhow nobody wants taxes to go up and I cannot see them convincing people that three governments replacing one government equals lower taxes.

Back