• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Noticing a lot of pistol caliber carbines being sold

You can't have a pistol grip but I'll bet it's not legal to cut the pistol grip off either is it?

Theoretically, here, if you had a pistol grip before the assault weapons registration law was passed then it must forever more have a pistol grip.

It's your typical catch-22. You can't have it but you can't remove it. It's illegal to modify an assault weapon to make it not an assault weapon.

All you can legally do is register it as an assault weapon, so later on they can come and take it away on some ex post facto charge.

No such law in the safe act. Removing the pistol grip makes it legal again.

That is awesome. I'm going to look those guys up.

I bet you could use that adapter with a different insert for 10mm/40S&W, probably even 45acp.

After doing some thinking, I bet an adapter like that could be made for 357 magnum. You could use a standard 9mm barrel and ream the chamber out to 357 magnum or maybe even 357 maximum.

Brainstorming some 44 magnums up in my head right now too.
:omg:

After doing some thinking, I bet an adapter like that could be made for 357 magnum. You could use a standard 9mm barrel and ream the chamber out to 357 magnum or maybe even 357 maximum.
:omg:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! Don't even suggest that. It would make me spend money. Take care. Tom Worthington

Too late, already contacted the company who is making it.

You guys have me laughing here at my workstation reading the excitement in your posts. I'm real interested in this since I have yet to build a proper AR. I could finally do that and just get extra mags and swap the upper to a 9mm and run this mag adapter setup and just swap back when I want to go back to 5.56. This is great for the guys that have SBR tax stamps on some of their lowers and wanted to try 9mm etc. I first saw this on arfcom and the guys there contacted Mean Arms as well and they said MSRP is $50. They(ppl over on arfcom) speculated seeing them maybe for around $40 on shelves at stores.

Last edited:
BTW I forgot to add that I was reading the comments section from that video and they responded to a question from TGC about being able to ditch using adapter blocks then and the response was this

"That is correct, no need for an adapter block. Use your standard AR lower with a 9mm upper of your choice. You will be able to train and maintain muscle memory using your 30 round Pmag magazine body instead of the small Glock style magazine. The product is shipped as a 10 round unit and the customer can choose to have 15, 20 or 30 rounds by cutting the round capacity limiter at marked locations. It also maintains last round bolt hold open function as some other solutions do not. As with all Mean products it has a Lifetime Warranty. The product is Patent Pending and will be released in late August of 2018."

Got a pretty timely reply from mean arms about the adapter.

"The 9mm adapter is in testing now and they will have an MSRP of approximately $49.99

Which 9 mm upper style? Colt mag, Glock mag, or something else?

We have successfully tested with both Colt and Glock style BCGs/uppers of multiple manufacturers in the 9mm AR industry and have not identified any specific variants that this does not function with. We at Mean Arms will provide a 30 day money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty on the Caliber Converter, so if the caliber converter does not function with your AR build configuration you can just send it back and receive a full refund. If you have any concerns on your build, please contact us with more details pertaining to your rifle
Regards,
Tommy"

You can't have a pistol grip but I'll bet it's not legal to cut the pistol grip off either is it?

Theoretically, here, if you had a pistol grip before the assault weapons registration law was passed then it must forever more have a pistol grip.

It's your typical catch-22. You can't have it but you can't remove it. It's illegal to modify an assault weapon to make it not an assault weapon.

All you can legally do is register it as an assault weapon, so later on they can come and take it away on some ex post facto charge.
the pistol grip was a killer for this laws but if your PPC takes a mag in the pistol grip you stuck. I'm still saving g for the rugger.

Just saw that the MeanArms EndoMag 9mm setup is available for preorder now $25ea or $69 for 3x
https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm-preorder
_20180626_182909_91539729ffbb.jpg

Yeah, 5 years ago, a lot of people said 9mm was obsolete. Not worth even shooting anymore.

Now, .40 S&W is on the decline, the military is starting to go with other calibers than 556. We are living in bizarro world.

Back