• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My daughter.

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
My older daughter will be getting married in a month and soon after she and my soon to be son in law will be buying their first house.

I don’t have much. Never have. But what I have, the few things I call possessions, are valuable beyond a dollar amount.

One of these was my very first shotgun. A 500 that was gently used when I got it. I was in a pretty bad way financially at one time and sold it. Some time later, maybe two years, I was able to buy it back. It’s the best gun I’ve ever owned. Just a solid solid gun.

As of this evening, it is now my daughter’s 500. They’re moving down the road a ways. More rural than we already are. A nice little house on some land. I think the 500 is a fine gift, and a fine tool. Solid and reliable. It means something to me. It means something to me for her to have it and she’ll enjoy it too as I have.

22B5B73B-7556-43A0-A84E-403374106519.jpeg

Nice gift!1 I gave my stepdad a old pump 12 ga. for fathers day years ago, when he passed my mom gave it back to me, shes not a gun person, I gave it to my nephew who is a hunter/gun guy, He was very happy to have his grandfathers gun. Passing guns down is a great thing for the giver and the receiver.

I never had anything really emotionally special, except for that one .22 of my moms, and she never really shot it.

But my best buddy has loaded thousands of dollars worth of ammunition for me over the years; and right before California made them illegal, I paid an FFL to get him a new Glock.

I had to explain the situation to my wife and his wife, and like most wives they both think we're a little bit gun-happy.

Good job Rossignol.

I am proud of what you did, and I know you've taught her how to use and care for it.

I know it might sound a little crazy, but I got a little emotional when I gave my oldest son my old Ruger P85, but I wanted him to have it and I sleep better at night knowing that he has it there and it can help keep him and his family safe. After having owned it since before he was even born, I know that it's built like a tank and has been entirely reliable with everything that I have ever put through it. I know that it's a good one. No failures in 27 years is saying a lot. That's why I gave it to him. I'd rather him have it than me.

Much more usefull than china or monogramed towels.

Its a multitasmer than can reduce stress, provide years of fun, put food on the table, help keep you safe and may even save a life. And if well maintained can be passed on for many generations.

I can't think of a better gift. Well done sir!!

Thanks all! She’s very much aware that it’s long been my favorite. Thats why I gave her that one, because it’s my favorite, because it felt like it cost me something to give it. And she knows.

I’m not big on cleaning guns but I took it down completely and went over it more thoroughly than I have in years. Every part. The bore is still mirror bright and just as smooth as can be. Now it’s long had a couple spots of surface rust but some cleaner, oil, and a brass brush took care of it. When I was done it all felt like silk.

She’s very happy to have it.

Very well thought and done
I cannot thinknof any better gift than the gift from the heart that can not only defend the family but also feed the family . Really special kudos sir.

The wedding is done! They were married last Saturday and just got back from Gatlinburg. I have a handful of photos to share just from what we and a few friends took, and I’ll have better photos soon from a family friend who did (and does) all our professional photos. (as a side note, she is a family friend, rather than try to get work from her for a discounted price or get something for free, we pay her at whatever rate she charges, I’d rather support her and her small business than get something for free, her time is valuable and we value her)

Ok, photos. And sadly I don’t have any of me with my wife.

A866BF75-3BED-4AC4-8735-646631ADF24D.jpeg

Me and daughter

314C7733-3B6A-4675-9DAB-D601B9EB124E.jpeg

Daughter and son in law

76E49DD1-04F5-4F4F-B2DD-0656CF501CA6.jpeg

C646EB62-72A0-42AB-8BB4-5AD73FDE0570.jpeg

The kids and the 1950 Chevy business coupe they left in

7F848420-981F-4D27-B387-648BD606B081.jpeg

All my kids in one place from youngest to oldest, left to right

477EA9A9-24A0-476D-B36C-EFE0C9A0B4D1.jpeg

That's awesome. Don't look at it as loosing a daughter. She'll always be your baby. Look at it as gaining another son. If he's any count, that's what you'll have.

The first pic is awesome and has a great vintage look to it. The one with the old car does as well.

Glad it all went well.

Everything went great, he’s a good kid. Still like every other kid and sometimes boggles the mind, but he’s a good kid. He was carrying the whole time too :) He and I both, as well as a number of other attendees, which was cool. Can’t tell I had a 1911 under my vest, actually AIWB.

Oh! Check out the flower girls in the photo of the kids with the cake! They’re barefoot and giggling. I love seeing kids like that! The flower girls were barefoot the entire time anyway, but as soon as the ceremony was over, most everyone else was too.

Mike, I liked that too how those pics turned out. There’s no filter, the only thing I did was crop them but they do look that way and it’s pretty cool!

The wedding was on a working farm. The couple who owns the place live there too. The house that the bridal party used was built around 1930. That’s where the first photo was taken. The ceremony was just outside the barn. At 3 pm in mid July. It was 96 degrees. It was a little rough for a few minutes but no one passed out. The reception was in the barn which was built for the purpose of hosting the owners band, The Richard Lynch band. So it’s a finished barn with a kitchen and dance floor and everything thing else.

Jenny (my wife) made all the decorations almost entirely on her own. They took over our house in the last week. His mom made the cake. Family on both sides helped put this together. Even so, we’re all broke now lol!

Allison (daughter) was also in a car accident just 9 days before the wedding. Totaled her car and she was cited with failure to yield right of way. The car is absolutely destroyed. It looked terrible. She called me just 3 minutes after she left for work and I was there just a couple minutes after that. Fortunately I was home. She made it with just a few minor cuts and scrapes. She felt terrible. She was most upset and worried about the money. It hurts when a kid hurts. For any reason. But together, she and Jacob (son in law) got her another car and paid the fine. They’ll pay the insurance deductible soon. Now it’s in the past. They were able to do some amazing things in Gatlinburg, horseback riding, helicopter ride through the mountains, saw a few bears, off roading on 4 wheelers... hopefully I’ll have some grandkids soon.

You know I gave Allison my 500.

For Jacob, I made a holster for his Kimber Micro.

He wanted the Ulticlip but with the wedding nearing, no one had the extra to spend to order it. I cannibalized my own holster for the clip and got his done. I wasn’t really done and wanted to finish the edges but he said he liked it the way it was so that’s how it stayed.

DBE4260E-D9EE-4D19-8C89-47DCBF79FCDB.jpeg

Beautiful story and pics. Congrats i wish them years of happiness and you to !!! I was very lucky my son in law became a best friend of mine, we are veey close hunt fish fellowship together. What a great day for you

Back