• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shaving ???

I look grumpy because it's been 2 mos since Judy broke her knee, and I've been living in the garage most of that time, waiting for the contractors to finish with my house.

Some folks might say I look grumpy all the time. It's not true at all.
It's these new cameras.

8677078056_0869592593_z.jpg

Not all bald guys are grumpy :)

Suspect most of these young folks have never experienced a really good shave that you can only get from shaving soap, a cup & brush and a straight razor. Plus a steamy hot towel.

However, the old double edge blade are almost as good.

Makes shaving an enjoyment not a task!

Regards

^TRUTH

So my shave inventory, which lets me pick based on mood or effort or how much time is involved...

Muhle R89 Grande
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip made in 1958
Schick Kronas (2) made in the sixties or early seventies
Merkur 25C Open Comb
Parker single edge straight, English

A couple boar hair brushes
A superb silver badger shaving brush my wife bought for me (I would have never paid $200 for a brush)
About a dozen sticks of ARKO shaving soap
Some T.O.B. soft creme in Sandalwood

Several aftershave splashes
Hundreds and hundreds of blades from Personna, Derby, Feather, Gillette, Van der Hagen, and others I cannot remember

Shaving was supposed to be obsolete, by the course of tech progress we expected from the 50's.

High tech soap was supposed to wash whiskers away. Remember Nair? Think Nano-nair . . .

The idea never took off, and I think it was mainly backlash from men who felt the need to preserve manly traditions.

Shaving was supposed to be obsolete, by the course of tech progress we expected from the 50's.

High tech soap was supposed to wash whiskers away. Remember Nair? Think Nano-nair . . .

The idea never took off, and I think it was mainly backlash from men who felt the need to preserve manly traditions.

For some of us it is obsolete :)

Did anyone watch my Post #31 about a really traditional shave?

I'd pay really good money for those 30 minutes.

That is where we differ. When I was a young man in my twenties the local barbershop gave something pretty similar except it was "post high and tight haircut". The straight razor and hot lather on the back of my neck, followed by a hot towel then a splash of tonic was pure joy!

Back