• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Re: Mounting A Light On A 500 Tactical Cruiser/Persuader

hunter72 said:
This would probably be cheaper than changing out the whole actionslide/forend
870_mount.jpg

Captured_2006-7-30_00006.jpg

the light can go on the side as well as the bottom.

Need a link to buy a couple of those little beauty's!!! :)

Got mine off ebay, (little story here)
I made one, and thought I would be a millionaire, then looked on ebay and was quickly let down.....

It does not clamp on the tube persey, it just goes under the mag tube nut. The nut holds it on, its basically a washer. There are plenty of threads on the 590 system to still be secure.

I made mine from aluminum. The ones I have bought were steel. Aluminum has held up fine.

I put the large pic up to show just how easy one can be made......

I am working on one now that flips the rail and goes forward to go under the bbl and the light will come out just at the end of an 18.5 bbl.

How sturdy are those mounts?

Ultimate CC said:
How sturdy are those mounts?

We're about to find out. :p Give me a week or two. I need to get an "el cheapo" light as well.

I have two purchased ones and one homemade on "loaner" student guns, they have held up to several thousand rounds so far.
I will search my records and see what "brand" they are.

Thanks for the help here guys!!

This is all I want/need in a light holder. Simple easy to install design with no frills and basic..

nice and simple, but, those are for a Remington 870. anyone know if this will fit a mossberg 930? looks like they dont make one specifically for any mossberg. These are streamlight accesories.

I know it fits a 590,
the 590, set up is the same as the 870. I do not own a 930 yet so I cannot say for sure
However if the tube end is the same as the 590, you should be good to go.
WHen I get home ill post examples on a 590

Sorry for the late reply, but the mount worked out fine. I had to shave a little on the outside for it to fit, but nothing my dremel couldn't handle. Here is a crappy pic:

500.jpg

why not just go with a railed foreend, or a small bit or rail attached to the forend.

I actually really like the railed forend! In fact its something I plan to do coming up in the very near future!!!

I just mounted a light on my 500 and I love it! Take a look!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-yZDMwzPI[/youtube]

Re: What is the best tactical light and/or laser?

I am very happy with my $35 Tactical light![youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyUdWp082c8[/youtube]

UFCGUY21 said:
I just mounted a light on my 500 and I love it! Take a look!

The video doesn't work anymore.

I'm trying to find an option for mounting either my Surefire or Pelican light up front. I'm not sure I like the bracket that goes under the mag cap because it negates the detent ball. I am not spending more than $25 or so b/c that is just ridiculous (on the mount I mean. Obviously the lights were much more than that). Surefire and the others that are selling their stuff for over $100 are entirely too proud of their stuff (Yes, I know that those of you that have the Surefire mount love it. Those that buy a Land Rover love it, and although it may be more comfortable than my Jeep, I still wouldn't trade). I can't use one of the CDM mounts b/c there is no room on the 500 Cruiser to put it. I was thinking about drilling the forend, putting threaded steel inserts in the forend and then mounting a small rail on it, which would accept a light mount. Right now, I am thinking that might be the best option, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

By the way, I would like to avoid either cutting or replacing the forend.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 448

Mossberg is now featuring small sections of tri-rail on some of its new tactical pumps. Looks to be very similar to the Mako Group forend:

734544.jpg

available at MidwayUSA

Short of a Surefire Weapon Light forend, problem solved?

O'DubhGhaill said:
Mossberg is now featuring small sections of tri-rail on some of its new tactical pumps. Looks to be very similar to the Mako Group forend:

734544.jpg

available at MidwayUSA

for $50, not even considerable. I am still leaning towards drilling 2 holes in my forend, putting nutserts in and buying a 2 inch rail for it.

shane_huskey said:
O'DubhGhaill said:

734544.jpg

available at MidwayUSA

for $50, not even considerable. I am still leaning towards drilling 2 holes in my forend, putting nutserts in and buying a 2 inch rail for it.

Perhaps not for you...the suggestion was for the OP. Good luck with your fabrication.

O'DubhGhaill said:
Perhaps not for you...the suggestion was for the OP. Good luck with your fabrication.

Oh, sorry. I find that sometimes when I get an email stating that a new post has been made to a thread that I subscribed to, I forget which thread it was which makes my response irrelevent to the particular conversation. I should probably go back and at least glance over the thread before I reply to a post.

Back