• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Did I damage my trigger assembly?

leavinc

Copper BB
So I disassembled my new 590A1 for the first time and had some trouble installing the trigger assembly. I understand now that it should go in pretty easily.

Since it took some force to pull out I just assumed that it would take some force to put in.

Well I pushed and pushed and it really didn't want to go in. I assume its because the shell stop or shell interrupter were getting caught on it. I finally managed to get everything in place and it went in pretty easily.

I'm worried that I may have damaged the lugs on the front of the trigger assembly. They appear like they've been rounded off slightly. Not sure if they're supposed to look like this.
7137fa04f94b3972a7b511ea921e6f11.jpg
7c8b80539f30e9fa52578ced6f39dbbc.jpg
a9c08b59af18f31c6dea765f7da11c89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I would gently file off any sharp edges you created minding that the filings don't end up IN the trigger housing and guts. I'm talking minimal with a small or jeweler's file IF necessary. JUST the sharp edges YOU created. Or don't even--probably be fine. Once the metal is gone it can't be put back! I think you'll be OK but if you are concerned you can send me your trigger housing and I'll safely dispose of it for you... ;)

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Yea, I definitely don't want to sand or file anything away. I'm more concerned because what once were nice squared off points are now slightly beveled.

I'm assuming it's not a big deal, but I'm pretty anal about things and this is a perfect example. I'm just concerned that the material that's "lost" will affect the fit or strength in any negative way.

leavinc,

The 590A1 is a pretty robust shotgun and this should not present a problem. What I would do is shoot the hell out of it and see if it makes a difference. You can always rebuild it or get a new one from Mossberg.

Once it is installed it should be pretty snug with no front to back or side to side movement.

Run it hard and get a feeling for the triggers functionality.

I was also looking at them on Ebay and it's probably cheaper than ordering a replacement directly from mossberg.

I wouldn’t worry about it at all, but that is just another opinion on the web. The 590A1 is stout gun. If putting the trigger assembly incorrectly with a little force damage the piece to make the gun un safe or inoperable please let us know.

I wouldn't worry too much.

I have a reassembly video in this forum. I show you need to use your finger to keep the cartridge stopper from falling out of place with the trigger install.

The shotgun can take a good amount of abuse.

Back