• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning MOers. We have a high overcast this morning with 75 degrees and no wind, yet. The weekend forecast calls for cooler temps. Today we will just make it into the low 90s, then high 70s for the next 3 days. We should have some rain as well. Right now it looks like 2 inches or so.

We are heading to the lake later today. I have to replace the garbage disposal up there this weekend. It's always something.

Anyways, you all have a great day and be safe.

Morning folks . . .

I need to make some base trim for that stove as well. The leveling feet weren't really long enough to position it and I set the stove up on four little blocks of wood.

The new base trim will be 2x2x1/8 alum angle attached to the stove, and will serve to support it.

Good morning all. It's cloudy and 68 at the lake with rain showers scattered about. None here yet but I can see rain shafts to the South.

The high today should be about 80 and I'm confident we will have rain.

It's a good day to install the garbage disposal, and will be better when it is finished.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Well for two days I've had guys cleaning up the property and trimming trees and it's looking pretty nice except for my junk yard of crusty car parts.

I have felt like crap as I picked up
some kind of a stomach bug. I let those tree guys do all the work this time while I sat around lounging.

Every day the house is slowly coming together and we should have guys in here to plaster and finish the ceiling and remaining walls next week.

Theoretically it will then be done, but when I move furniture out to do the painting I am going to throw a lot of furniture out and just buy new furniture.

The beat goes on . . .

Good morning all. Yesterday we got over 3 inches of much needed rain. It was never a downpour, just steady for about 12 hours. South of us got a whole lot more.

I installed the new garbage disposal yesterday. That went off without a hitch. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

This morning I'm going to an auction. It's a pawn shop liquidation sale. Never know what ya might run across.

Cadd, I hope you get rid of that bug quickly.

You all have a great day.

Last edited:
Thanks Meanie.

Plasterers will be coming for 2 days to refinish my ceiling and walls starting tomorrow AM, then 2 days to dry and two days to prime and paint. So by next Sunday I will be putting up all the stuff I will be taking down today. Blinds, doors, fans, lights, wall plates, hanging stuff etc.

In the mean time I'll be cooking in the garage again.

Guys, for what this remod is costing we could have bought a second house in the "flyover states".
Hey, enjoy the fall weather!

Is that chicken-fried steak in gravy that I smell?

Good mornin' y'all. This thread has made me hungry Elbert. I think I'll go cook a Sunday breakfast with fresh oranges, thick bacon, a 4-egg omelet, and some cinnamon buns.

I never ventured into the deep south, but my mom could cook most of yer common southern delicacies. She wasn't very energetic though, and so we mostly got the good stuff at holidays etc. Bacon was rarely seen in our house. Never more than once or twice a month. My mom made potato salad with bacon and black olives. I do miss that. Can't do it the same at all.

Otherwise I ate a lot of G.I. hamburger growing up. Everything came from the commissary as we were always too far and too poor for much else. My wife (who grew up on a lot of potatoes and beans and govt cheese) is a lot fonder of hamburgers than I am.

I really like the new stove. It puts out a lot more BTUs than the old one. Time to go fire that muther up!

Good morning fellas. We drove back to Tulsa yesterday. This morning is cloudy and 69 degrees with a high of 81 forecast.

Now that is a full plate Elbert. Chicken fried steak and gravy, hard to beat that. I don't envy your drive through all that rain though. One of my neighbors here is south Tulsa has a rain guage that read 4.2 inches on Friday.

DJ, the rain should have reached you by now. We certainly got plenty, just hope there was some l left for ya.

Cadd, we ate a lot of hamburger at our house when I was a kid also. My mom always worked to make ends meet, so it was whatever was quick and easy. Now when we went to grandmas house that was when we ate fried chicken, fried pork tenderloins, and chicken fried steak. Oh, and gravy with everything.

You guys have a great day and be safe.

Good morning all. Another cloudy morning, but they should clear off soon and then we'll be warm and humid.

Happy plants make for happy gardeners. I only wish we had more room for a garden. We usually put in about 4 tomato plants, some cucumbers (which were amazing this year), and a few peppers. The tomatoes did not do well this year, but we are still getting some nice late green peppers.

Hope you all have a great day.

Good morning fellow MOers. Clear skies and 52 this morning. The high later today should be mid 70s. It looks like a right nice weekend shaping up around here,

Yesterday we only had a trace of rain , but I think not too far south and east of us got quite a bit.

Fall is my favorite time of year, and today reminds me why.

You all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning folks.
Yesterday ended 3 days of plasterers dominating most of my house, as they refinished the foyer, den, dining room, and the L-shaped hall that connects nearly every other room.

All the doors and windows have been open for drying every night, and fortunately it got into the 90s, so the heavy spots dried in time.

7 rooms and ceilings are plastered and textured, plus the hall.
The bedrooms and office only need minor touchup, but the garage walls aren't finished.

Last night, to celebrate, Judy and I had dinner at a fancy new burger joint (House of JuJu) and spent $45.

Who remembers when going for burgers meant McDonalds 29 cent burgers?

The Big Mac came much later, and they used the magic of photography to make it look 6" tall.

It's been a while . . .

Anyhow, the painters will be here next week and then I can start hanging new fixtures and fans.

I can still smell wet plaster, but it's almost done.

Whew!

Good morning fellas. Clear skies and 59 with no wind. Perfect fall morning.

Cadd, sounds like the house is ever so close. You gotta be happy about that. I remember the first time I saw a McDonalds. The year was 1956 in Jefferson City, Missouri. I was 9 years old. If memory serves me I think the burgers were 15 cents. Damn, that was a long time ago.LOL.

Times have certainly changes since then, but then again everyone says that by the time they get to be as old as I am.

Anyways, you all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg Forum denizens.

Here we are again in the den of denizens.

I do remember seeing cheeseburgers for $0.29 and hamburgers for $0.19, but I was only about 5 years old. I was probably somewhere around the age of 12 before I can recall actually eating at McDonald's or someplace like it. In fact I'm pretty sure it was an A&W because my mother liked A&W.

This happened while my father was in Vietnam because typically my parents did not eat at restaurants. Even when we were on the road traveling from New York to California, we ate a lot of peanut butter sandwiches and raisins and pickles in the car. I remember my mom cooking on a hot plate in dingy little hotels from Mexico to Canada. It's been almost 60 years, and it's amazing I can still remember at all.

Well, the general contractor was here yesterday and there will be painters Monday but in the meantime I have three days of freedom from the house LOL

The weather is just beautiful here as usual and I think I will take my wife out for a little shopping and go to the movies. Her knee is healing up, after nearly 5 months from the accident and with assistance she was able to go walk the dog today.

Unfortunately she's not quite up to going fishing. She can not ride the bicycle, according to her therapist, but I think it will be soon.

During the past 5 months I have been pretty much stuck at home with Judy and various contractors, and in between times I have not been motivated to do very much else.

After the house is reassembled the the veil of that will all lift, and suddenly I believe that everything neglected will become urgent.

Y'all have a nice day.

Good morning all. We are at the lake. It's 63 and partly , well mostly cloudy.

There aren't many folks here, but that's not unusual this time of year.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great weekend.

20180930_091320.jpg
I picked up a free 30 gallon aquarium yesterday with a dozen gorgeous fish in it. Some of them are mbuna cichlids but I don't know which are which really. There's also a couple upside down cats and a bristlenose plecostomus. Two convicts a zebra a yellow lab and something else.

:mornin:

Mornin fellas.

Cad, free fish are great fish.

the wife and grandson have been talking. They don't like the pleco...they never see him they said. They want a different that they can see and enjoy. :idk:

nice day today, ya'll have a good one....

Back