• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

History of Gun Rights in America - CSPAN3 10pm 10/9

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Historian Patrick Charles and Samford University Law professor Brannon Denning discuss the history of the 2nd amendment and gun control legislation.

Well, how did it go?

Should I be surprised at the overall outcome?

From the brief portion I watched before I fell asleep I can tell you that it was somewhat tame and unbiased. Just a couple lawyers talking about Heller and legal implications/history and one of them was pushing a book for sale. Originally aired in Feb.

ok watched with an opened mind. They had two contrasting members who were very respectful and spoke to their research very well.

What I didn't agree with the anti-heller guy was that he was ok with using intermediate scrutiny on the second but strict on the first because of overall "history" behind gun ownership and used public safety as a reason behind most of his arguments and "common sense".

OK. While he did identify in his closing argument that the common sense he was referring to had to be back by facts and not summarily disarming people just to disarm the people. I think he fails to take into consideration the "public safety" use in intermediate scrutiny was, in fact, used to summarily disarm the people in various states without any justification or fact based approach to show an increase in public safety based on certain bans.

Back