• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.308 Winchester powder question

You running a fancy Labradar? Or you got a program that you input all the info manually for the spreadsheet. I really like that.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TAC is what I've been using for as long as I've been loading 223.

All ive used so far is IMR 4064. Ive not done much loading for my .308 yet.
With the sole exception of my model 464 .30-30, every rifle I've ever loaded for loves 4064. It's consistent, the recoil is more of a push than a sharp jab, and temperature doesn't seem to affect it much. The only downside I see is it doesn't give the best velocity in any caliber I've loaded with it (.303-06 (not a typo), .308, 7.5 French, 7.62x54R), but I load for accuracy, not velocity. It's not the powder for hot-rodding a rifle.

FWIW, my father-in-law also loads it for one of his .220 Swift rifles. Very accurate, screaming fast load. But then again, everything is screaming fast in a Swift.

IMR-3031, 168 BTHP averages 0.7" 5-shot groups @ 100 yards across three rifles. If you want to go to 180 or heavier bullets, you can then look at IMR-4064 or Varget as they are slower than 3031.

Back