• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello, from Ky

Thorne

Copper BB
Hi all,
Fixing to get my first shotgun, done plenty of pistol and rifle shooting, just never used a shot gun. So that being said, I have (almost) settled on the JM pro 930. It seems to have the bases covered. I can use it as home defense, and competition, my real question is, can it be restricted down to 2 rds, if I wanted to hunt with it? or would I just be better served with a different gun?
Oh, and will it shot slugs? if so what choke do i use for a slug, and rifled or not rifled slugs?

Anyway thanks for having me, and HELLO!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.

license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

Welcome from Ky.

The 930 JM Pro does have screw in chokes.

I personally like an improved cylinder for slugs and buckshot.

Standard Foster or Brenneke or wad style slugs.

Basically, not sabot.

Welcome!

Yes, you can plug the mag tube to limit it for hunting, but I don't think you'll find an off-the-shelf solution for that. All you need to do is buy a piece of dowel rod and cut it to the proper length (which you will need to figure out) an drop it in the mag tube.

Check your state laws if that is acceptable. I know it would be legal in Texas.

If hunting in KY, using a wooden dowel is 100% acceptable. After all, that's what factory 500's come with out of the box.

If hunting in KY, using a wooden dowel is 100% acceptable. After all, that's what factory 500's come with out of the box.

Well that's interesting. Everyone in California uses a wooden dowel as well, however . . .

My 500 will hold 5 + 1 but I did not get a dowel with it. It did however come as a special model with pistol grip, door breacher muzzle, and flashlight forearm.

Not what you normally use for taking game.

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...

:welcome:

Back