• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FBI Study About Cop Attackers & Their Weapons

I didn't see anyone discussing ways or when it is morally or legally allowed to kill someone.

The law doesn't deal with 'morality' and the rest is now such a grey area and by design. They want us feeling scared about using a gun it's part of the end around the 2nd amendment which they never have to touch to get the guns out. Just keep the gun owners fearing they'll lose everything in a civil trial or just as bad going to prison.
And depending on where you live and if White heaven forbid you ever have to shoot someone who isn't White.

How bad is it getting you may ask, where I am at we have to retreat inside our own home. How they can prove you didn't is another matter, but never the less it's messed up.
People are so focused on the 2nd amendment they don't even realize what is happening.
And if you are using Obamacare or on Medicare be very careful when you go in for your yearly check-ups, they slipped some non medical questions in there and the wrong answer will get you flagged, which means no more guns for you. (and Trump ain't doing a damn thing for any of us)

Sucks to be you I guess. My state/location is very old testament.

And I say that with a sincere affection. I live in one of the most friendly locations in the entire world.

(1) The use of physical force by a defendant upon another person is justifiable when the defendant believes that such force is immediately necessary to prevent:

(a) The commission of criminal trespass, robbery, burglary, or other felony involving the use of force, or under those circumstances permitted, in a dwelling, building or upon real property in his possession or in the possession of another person for whose protection he acts; or
(b) Theft, criminal mischief, or any trespassory taking of tangible, movable property in his possession or in the possession of another person for whose protection he acts.
(2) The use of deadly physical force by a defendant upon another person is justifiable under subsection (1) only when the defendant believes that the person against whom such force is used is:
(a) Attempting to dispossess him of his dwelling otherwise than under a claim of right to its possession; or
(b) Committing or attempting to commit a burglary, robbery, or other felony involving the use of force, or under those circumstances permitted of such dwelling; or
(c) Committing or attempting to commit arson of a dwelling or other building in his possession.
(3) A person does not have a duty to retreat if the person is in a place where he or she has a right to be.
-------------

I really like the last line of this sentence because that was determined by the state Supreme Court back in the 1930's. This includes any area outside of your personal property/home/car and allowed persons who weren't even land owners, the right to protect themselves and their property. Could be grocery store, could be while you're filling out your taxes, having your teeth cleaned. Just, wherever.

Unfortunately the States can make their own rules. And even towns and cities. I have to have a permit to carry and sign off by the Chief, yet my State does not require a permit. But in my town you need one. I just renewed mine, which is only good for 4 years. I'm waiting for it in the mail as my current one expires on Dec. 2nd. It takes about 4-6 weeks as they call every nut house and being that I was born in Chicago they really run mine through the system. (and I have impeccable credentials)

Although the nice thing is because I have a permit I do not have to ever inform and renewals are only $20 bucks.

I am posting this excerpt of TN law [TCA 39-11-614] here so you can compare it to the Law that @John A. posted above.

Tennessee Code Annotated
Title 39: Criminal Offenses

Chapter 11: General Provision

:
Part 6: Justification Excluding Criminal Responsibility
TCA 39-11-614: Protection of property.
(a) A person in lawful possession of real or personal property is justified in threatening or using force against another, when and to the degree it is reasonably believed the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person who has been unlawfully dispossessed of real or personal property is justified in threatening or using force against the other, when and to the degree it is reasonably believed the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property, if the person threatens or uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession:

(1) The person reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when the other dispossessed the person; and

(2) The other accomplished the dispossession by threatening or using force against the person.

(c) Unless a person is justified in using deadly force as otherwise provided by law, a person is not justified in using deadly force to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on real estate or unlawful interference with personal property.
History:
[Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 1; 2009, ch. 194, § 1.]​

I encourage others to post the pertinent state laws that allow or restrict the use of deadly force in the protection of property.

Any interaction with law enforcement be it pulled over or simply an encounter with law enforcement. Without a permit you have to inform you have a firearm even if they don't ask.
Then depending how they feel about citizens being armed the fun and games begin, some can be real a--holes about it and keep you jacked up for an hour or so.

I would never lie if asked, but if they don't ask I'm legal not to inform. Before my State changed to permitless you needed bonafide training and range time including a safety course. They realize now with anyone being able to carry that's legally able to carry they may not even know which end the bullets go in.

I also think they have given us who are permitted some lean way because of what we had to go through originally to get permitted. And not through the Yankee Marshall or James Yeager school of hyped up innuendo. If you hear the words Iraq, Afghanistan or Swat run the other way.

Yeah, I don't have to do that here either. With or without a CCW.

Legal precedent here says it is to be presumed that an American citizen is exercising all of their rights and liberties at all times. This includes being armed.

What's more, my state does not prohibit open carry. And as far as firearms in a vehicle:

A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space [regularly] installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism.

No person or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person from keeping a loaded or unloaded firearm or ammunition, or both, or other deadly weapon in a vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this subsection. Any attempt by a person or organization, public or private, to violate the provisions of this subsection may be the subject of an action for appropriate relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or District Court of competent jurisdiction. This subsection shall not apply to any person prohibited from possessing a firearm.

Right of Employees and Other Persons to Possess Firearms in Vehicle -- Employer
Liable for Denying Right -- Exceptions.
(1)
No person, including but not limited to an employer, who is the owner, lessee, or occupant of real property shall prohibit any person who is legally entitled to possess a firearm from possessing a firearm, part of a firearm, ammunition, or ammunition component in a vehicle on the property.
------------

Get a load of this, we have open carry. No one does it though. The last guy who did a couple years ago in a few towns over lit up the switch boards as he was walking around with a shouldered rifle, he said he was doing it to make a statement then claim he had PTSD. The cops carted him off to the loony farm and he ain't been heard from since.

He probably really thought the 2nd amendment was worth the paper it was written on.

By the way don't ever get caught even in the parking lot at the post office with a gun in your car, that one is Federal.

I was brutally attacked many years ago with a baseball bat and by a person who knew what they were doing.
......not that it takes a night in the Holiday Inn to learn how to beat someone with a stick but yeah it appears he knew what he was doing

Good luck with that one in court. Times have changed and if the cops are going to prison now you most assuredly will because you overreacted/panic and killed someone because they were on your driveway.
nice opinion counselor.....court talk is worthless about imaginary scenarios.......cite a case where John would be wrong in Kentucky

And I have been beaten, robbed, assaulted and held hostage at the end of a rifle. (and still never saw the need to carry a gun)
after the beating , if your list is in order, and you never saw the need ......then robbed and never saw the need ......then you deserve everything you have gotten and future shit just for karma

And if the SHTF ever does happen in America, some of the first people we most likely will have to shoot will be family members and neighbors.
(even the Bible mentions never to trust them to far)
Point being it ain't just the hood rats we will have to worry about.
forget about questions slipped into the Obama Care your worried about, all they got to do is read your social media and you will again never see the need for a gun ........but I digress to the guy with the bat again ......we'll call him The Babe

Low self esteem and the need to hide behind something by making themselves look better than they really are by either putting others down or lieing about them to others. If you spend enough time around it in your life and you'll see they fit a certain pattern. Generally you'll see it most with the weed smokers a little with the drunks and the rather odd thing is with those who never really had any talent or skills to make it in the private sector. Which is rather interesting to say the least.
you guys grow some good bud because you just described your interaction on this thread with know sane folks ......folks known to be who and what they say they are for years on this part of the internet......you seem verse in internet......I'm pretty stoned right now myself so there is my excuse that you provided me , thanks Doc Freud

Unfortunately the States can make their own rules. And even towns and cities.
No shit ?.....Thanks for the info Uncle Stalin in Siberia it is unfortunate.....in America it is the way of freedom . Back to Gulag for you comrade

Get a load of this, we have open carry. No one does it though. The last guy who did a couple years ago in a few towns over lit up the switch boards as he was walking around with a shouldered rifle, he said he was doing it to make a statement then claim he had PTSD. The cops carted him off to the loony farm and he ain't been heard from since.

He probably really thought the 2nd amendment was worth the paper it was written on.

By the way don't ever get caught even in the parking lot at the post office with a gun in your car, that one is Federal.
More legal advice and a lame story we are supposed to take your word with your douchy behavior......I'll tell you what you have as many issues just by reading your ramblings .......cops are going to run up one side of your internet habits and right down the other side .....say hi to bubba and your ptsd friend when you see them.

As far as the Second A.....lots of people died for that little script .......and you think its worthless......deduction by how you allude to how it is not worth the paper it is written on.......you sir are not welcome in my America, your right to worry about your neighbors

As far as the Second A.....lots of people died for that little script .......and you think its worthless......deduction by how you allude to how it is not worth the paper it is written on.......you sir are not welcome in my America, you're right to worry about your neighbors

Spot on Bill.

Plus a LOT who are still alive are solemnly sworn to defend that document against all enemies.

you sir are not welcome in my America, your right to worry about your neighbors

Sounds like you like the Kool-Aid in all flavors uh pal. If I had to guess you probably pimp for the NRA as well.
You enjoying those stock dividends from your Wall-Street gun manufactures are ya now.

Don't worry I'm out of here, enjoy your utopia.

Well, shoot.

I leave for a few hours to have a nice quiet dinner and I missed out on all the excitement.

Some people assume too much.

tenor.gif

Sounds like you like the Kool-Aid in all flavors uh pal. If I had to guess you probably pimp for the NRA as well.
You enjoying those stock dividends from your Wall-Street gun manufactures are ya now.

Don't worry I'm out of here, enjoy your utopia.

How to win friends and influence people.......
:thumbsup: 12 days and 13 posts, probably not record but impressive nonetheless! Bon Voyage!

I really wasn't wanting to lock the topic. Things had died down since yesterday and there's no reason to continue to stirring shit.

Now I'm thinking about locking accounts instead.

Back