• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 model 50778

DTL

Im looking at he 590 7 shot as a lighter alternative to my a1 6 shot. I love my a1 but the heavy walled barrel makes it nose heavy and you can really feel it when trying to shoulder one handed and topping off or combat loading shells with the other hand. Has anyone bought and or shot the new 590 7 shot? Im wondering how it handles/feels and how hard it would be to find replacement springs when needed assuming they are a different length than the 5 shot tube springs.

I just got one for the reasons mentioned above - (weight of heavy barrel vs. the A1 etc) - capacity out of the box is great for the size at 6+1 - S&J Hardware makes a great +1 extension which brings it flush with the 18.5" barrel ($55) - so it can be extended to 7+1, only down 1 round to the longer and heavier 20" barrels, impressive!

I got mine for $265 delivered to my FFL for transfer, using Buds Gun Shop "price match" tool - phenomenal! I'm very happy with it, haven't shot it yet, but its definitely light and nimble (I have a 12" Hogue LOP stock on it now, I'm upgrading to Magpul SGA stock soon)

Its lighter and more nimble with the polymer furniture than my M500 with 18.5" barrel and 5-shot tube, which sports wood furniture - not by much, but definitely a little.

I am with you on the nose heavy feel of the A1's, especially with 20" barrels - Since I always need a short stock because of my stature, it is the biggest factor on myself not getting a 20" barreled A1 -

I assume replacement mag springs are easily obtained from Mossberg, on the 6-shot tubes, as all the 18.5" 590 and 590A1 models now ship with the longer 6-shot tube, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The 590 definitely balances better than the 590A1, no matter what configuration.

^I agree - I actually was thinking about bypassing the A1 models completely and getting myself a 20" barreled 590 Mariner, full length 8+1 tube and isn't heavy walled like the A1's but has the great corrosion protection.

I just got one for the reasons mentioned above - (weight of heavy barrel vs. the A1 etc) - capacity out of the box is great for the size at 6+1 - S&J Hardware makes a great +1 extension which brings it flush with the 18.5" barrel ($55) - so it can be extended to 7+1, only down 1 round to the longer and heavier 20" barrels, impressive!

I got mine for $265 delivered to my FFL for transfer, using Buds Gun Shop "price match" tool - phenomenal! I'm very happy with it, haven't shot it yet, but its definitely light and nimble (I have a 12" Hogue LOP stock on it now, I'm upgrading to Magpul SGA stock soon)

Its lighter and more nimble with the polymer furniture than my M500 with 18.5" barrel and 5-shot tube, which sports wood furniture - not by much, but definitely a little.

I am with you on the nose heavy feel of the A1's, especially with 20" barrels - Since I always need a short stock because of my stature, it is the biggest factor on myself not getting a 20" barreled A1 -

I assume replacement mag springs are easily obtained from Mossberg, on the 6-shot tubes, as all the 18.5" 590 and 590A1 models now ship with the longer 6-shot tube, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Where did you find the 50778 for $265?

From my post above which you quoted - Buds on Black Friday had them for $269 - Now I see they are up to $358 and no Price match enabled - wow -

Best price right now is Gunbuyer.com - $299 shipped and delivered and no CC fees! Have used them 3 times in the past year they ship super fast too -

https://www.gunbuyer.com/catalog/pr...shotgun-12ga-3-chamber-18-5-barrel-7-1-50778/

Back